This is a basic recipe that I use in soup recipes and casseroles. It is a great alternative to canned cream of celery soup. It can be doubled or tripled and frozen if you desire.
Cream of Celery Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 18 minutes Total Time: 28 minutes Yield: 2 cups Makes 2 cups, may be doubled or tripled and frozen
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or butter
- ¼ cup toasted quinoa flour or flour of choice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese or vegan Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in flour and whisk. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture bubbles and begins to brown. Whisk in almond milk and vegetable broth. Cook, whisking frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in the celery, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, smoked paprika and sea salt. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes. Allow to cool to use in a recipe or freeze in 2 cup portions for later use.
Leave a Reply