This post was sponsored on behalf of Sequoia Grove via One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.
This Fresh Herb Salad with Grilled Chicken, Goat Cheese and Avocado is the perfect spring or summer meal! Paired with a great bottle of wine, like Sequoia Grove Chardonnay, you have all the makings for a memorable evening.
You guys know I'm all about simple entertaining.
This time of year, one of my favorite things to serve (and eat!) is a big salad. And of course, I need wine to go with it.
While I crave variety, there are certain things that I get stuck on. We are regular wine drinkers, but I tend to rotate through the same three or four wines. I can't even remember that last time I bought a new wine.
Last month, Whole Foods was having a wine sale and on a whim, I took the suggestion of the wine specialist and purchased a bottle of Sequoia Grove Chardonnay. I didn't realize that it was a brand that I was working with this month! (I know that sounds crazy, but wine names don't stick with me until I try them. )
I already had the shipment of the two bottles you see here, but I hadn't opened it. It was hidden in my closet, so hubby didn't accidentally open it one night after I'd gone to bed. (Sad, but true. It is rare that I make it up past 9.)
We tried the Sequoia Grove from Whole Foods and I fell in love. In fact, it is my new favorite wine.
Imagine my surprise when I opened the wine shipment a week later and saw that I had a bottle of my favorite wine in the closet. Sometimes I really love my job.
Right now I'm digging the Chardonnay because it is 100 degrees outside and it is so refreshing. It is fabulous paired with most appetizers and main courses. I love it with this Fresh Herb Salad with Grilled Chicken, Goat Cheese, and Avocado, and I'll bet it would also be great with Brie or Camembert.
Sequoia Grove is a family-owned winery founded in 1929 and located in the heart of Nappy Valley's Rutherford. In addition to making a fantastic Chardonnay, they are one the-the premier Cabernet Sauvignon producers in Napa Valley.
The Cabernet Sauvignon is nothing short of spectacular and it's one I'll put in my rotation when things cool down a bit. It is fantastic with grilled meat and vegetables as well as heavy cheeses.
I'm dying to visit their tasting room, which is nestled into one of the last remaining groves of the majestic Sequoia sempervirens in Napa Valley, inside a barn with more than a century of history in Rutherford. Doesn't that sound spectacular?!
Connect with Sequoia Grove
Fresh Herb Salad with Grilled Chicken, Goat Cheese & Avocado
- ½ cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons Swerve or Sweetener of Choice
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces boneless chicken breast
- 12 ounces spring mix
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 carrot peeled and shredded
- 2 avocados pitted and diced
- ⅓ cup chopped chives
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- To make the dressing, combine the rice wine vinegar, olive oil, mustard, sweetener, lemon and garlic in a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Preheat a grill pan to medium high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken over medium heat until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Flip and cook for 8 more minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to rest for 15 minutes and then slice.
- In a large bowl combine spring mix, chicken, tomatoes, carrot, avocado, chives and parsley. Toss with desired amount of dressing. Top with goat cheese and serve.