You should be proud of me. I held off as long as I could before becoming completely pumpkin obsessed.
Now that it is October, I have to share with you one of my favorite pancake recipes – Gluten-Free Pumpkin Quinoa Pancakes. They are a great way to start any fall day, and delicious enough for a special occasion.
I always feel a little sneaky when I add quinoa into the kids pancakes. It is one of the best ways to get a little quinoa nutrition into little ones who otherwise refuse.
What are your favorite fall foods?
Pumpkin Quinoa Pancakes
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar maple syrup or agave
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- If using flax egg combine 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds and 6 tablespoons of water. Stir well and set aside.
- Coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium low or 350 to 375 degrees (for griddle).
- Sift together flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl combine almond milk, pumpkin puree, lemon juice, eggs or flax eggs, sweetener, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet ingredients with the sifted flour and stir until combined. Add quinoa and mix well. Add more milk one tablespoon at a time if a thinner pancake is desired.
- Drop batter onto griddle using ¼ cup measure. Cook until the bottom is golden brown and the air bubbles start to pop. Flip and cook 3 to 5 minutes longer