Thank you Just BARE Chicken for sponsoring this post. To live a lean and clean lifestyle, choose Just BARE natural and organic chicken.
This Grilled Chicken & Halloumi with Arugula Salad is an easy and delicious way to fire up your grill. It’s gluten-free, low-carb and keto friendly.
Every year for the last decade or more, I say that this is “the year” that I finally make myself a priority and take control of my health. I typically go through phases where I do ok, but then I get off track and ultimately fall short of my intentions.
I know many Mom’s can relate.
With so much to do, it can be challenging to stick to a healthy lifestyle. Especially when you tend to focus on your kids health over your own.
This year, however, has been different. While I’m not where I want to be, I am consistently moving in the right direction.
I’ve been working out six or seven days a week for almost three months now.
I’m meditating on a regular basis, which has done wonders for my stress level.
And my diet has been clean too.
A big shift for me was realizing the importance of lean and clean protein in a healthy lifestyle.
Although I’ve always considered myself a “carb girl,” I can feel the difference when I get more protein in my diet.
Chicken is one of my favorite sources of protein. It is so versatile in recipes and contains all of the essential amino acids we need!
Of course, not all chicken is clean. We love Just BARE Natural Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, which are vegetable and grain fed and receive no antibiotics, ever. They are American Humane Certified and traceable to family farms.
In addition to natural boneless skinless chicken breasts, Just BARE Chicken carries a variety of organic and natural products that are perfect for anyone looking to raise healthier families while leading active lives. Other available products include:
- Just BARE Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Just BARE Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Just BARE Natural Chicken Thighs
- Just BAR Natural Family Pack Wingettes & Drummettes
This Grilled Chicken & Halloumi with Arugula Salad is an easy and delicious way to fire up your grill. It's gluten-free, low-carb and keto-friendly.
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar dressing more or less to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, parsley, and crushed red pepper.
- Place cheese in a shallow dish and cover with 3 tablespoons of marinade. Place the chicken in a separate dish and pour the remaining marinade over it. Marinade for at least 30 minutes or over night.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Grill chicken for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until the center, is no longer pink. Remove from heat and tent with foil.
- Add cheese slices to the grill and cook for 2 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, toss together arugula, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar dressing.
- Divide salad between plates. Top with chicken and cheese slices and serve warm.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.