This fast and easy Air Fried Asparagus is a recipe I turn to again and again. Here I pair perfectly cooked crisp-tender asparagus with a kick of garlic and top it off with zippy lemon juice, lemon zest and creamy goat cheese. This is a tried and true weeknight keto staple that comes together in a flash. It is simply the BEST. No air fryer? You can make this in the oven too.
This recipe is low carb, keto, and gluten-free. Omit the cheese to make it dairy-free.
It Doesn't Get Much Easier Than This Air Fried Asparagus!
In case you haven't noticed by now, I am a little obsessed with my Air Fryer. I just bought a new one, and am in love with it. Though it is large, it has claimed a spot of precious real estate on the kitchen counter.
I LOVE how crispy it makes our food, and just as much, I love being able to cook without heating the whole house. Our oven is gas, and it becomes almost unbearable to use when the temperatures are above 90.
I am using it almost every night. Often I'll cook meat in it and then make a quick side while the meat is resting. This Air Fryer Asparagus is the perfect example.
It is so easy, and bonus points - the whole family loves it.
Since it cooks in just eight minutes, it is ready to serve about the same time that the meat is. (And since I've made the whole meal in the air fryer, clean up is a breeze!)
Asparagus is perfect for swimsuit season because it works as a tummy debloater. It has natural diuretic effects that can help to flush excess water from the body. Read more here.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Asparagus:
- If you prefer, you can trim the asparagus by simply bending the stalk. Your spears may not appear uniform in length, but this will cause them to snap in the “perfect” place every time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Leftovers are great added to a Frittata, use in a risotto, or served cold in a salad.
You CAN make it ahead, but because of the crisp-tender factor, I prefer this made just before serving.
Yes! To make this in the oven, preheat your broiler and broil for 4 to 6 minutes.
Looking for asparagus that has firm, crisp stalks, and tight budding tips. It should appear moist, but not overly wet and have a bright color.
Asparagus is best when it is fresh! The flavor deteriorates fairly quickly. If you do have to store it, trim the ins and put them upright in a mason jar or glass of water. Cover with a plastic bag and put in the fridge.
Variations for this Recipe:
- In place of goat cheese, top with 3 slices of crumbled bacon and Parmesan cheese.
- Substitute balsamic vinegar for the lemon juice.
- Use lime juice instead of lemon juice and add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
How to Make Air Fryer Asparagus:
- Preheat your air fryer and toss the asparagus with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the asparagus in your air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 4 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Top with goat cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and thyme.
Tools Needed To Make This Recipe:
- Air Fryer (this is the one I use; Amazon has plenty of cheaper models.)
- Mixing Bowls
- Serving Platter
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
Air Fryer Asparagus
If you like fast and easy, you are going to love this recipe! Feel free to substitute Parmesan for the goat cheese and use parsley in place of the thyme!
Air Fried Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- For Topping
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- Flakey salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the asparagus, olive oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Place asparagus in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook for 4 to 8 minutes, to desired doneness.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Top with goat cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and thyme. If desired season with a pinch of flakey salt.