Do you love this time of year as much as I do?
I know not all of you are enjoying warmer weather yet, but even if you aren’t there is the promise that it will soon arrive.
We’ve been enjoying the perfect weather for the last week. Other than take care of Skye and ensure the family was fed the only thing I did last weekend was sitting on the back deck reading.
When the weather is nice, my motivation to eat right improves tremendously. There is something about great weather and great produce that go hand in hand!
I love simple lunches, like today’s Kale Salad.
Even if you aren’t a Kale fan, you MUST make this dressing. It is good on any salad and also fantastic drizzled on a wrap.
Kale Salad with Smokey Tahini Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos or gluten free tamari
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups Tuscan Kale
- 2 cups grated red cabbage
- 1 carrot peeled then cut into ribbons
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds.
- Make dressing by combining tahini, nutritional yeast, water, lemon juice, rice vinegar, olive oil, coconut aminos, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin and salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Place kale in a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons tahini dressing and massage with clean hands. Wash hands and add cabbage, carrot. Toss with desired amount of additional dressing and serve. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and serve.