This Mango Lime Sorbet is a delicious cold treat that the whole family will love! This is an easy to make healthy dessert that is gluten free and vegan.
Growing up, the only kind of mangoes I ever ate were green ones. With salt on them.
You see, my Dad grew up in South Florida and his yard was loaded with mango trees. He came from a big family and by the time he was old enough to remember, his brother’s were grown and gone, leaving him in a house full of sisters. As a result, he spent many of his days high in a mango tree, where he developed a love for green mangoes.
To this day, I still love green mangoes.
But, I’m kind of mad that for so many years I missed out on what a ripe one tasted like.
These days, I use mangoes in everything from Quinoa Salad to Parfaits and even Tacos. A few weeks ago, the boys and I made this Mango Lime Sorbet. It was light and delicious, and we all loved it. Because the sweetness with mangoes varies so much as they ripen, do make sure you check to make sure the sorbet is sweet enough for you.
If you don’t have Lime Essential oil handy, you can use lime extract. I love the intensity of flavor that the essential oil gives the sorbet!
The Quality of The Essential Oils You Use Matters!
After looking closely at the quality, purity, and ethics of so many companies, I’ve fallen in love with both the company and their oils. They have a large line of organic oils and are serious about safety. Every single batch is tested to ensure purity!
Read my full Plant Therapy Review for why they are my go-to company.
If You Like This Mango Sorbet You May Also Like:
- 2 mangos peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar or organic sugar
- 16 drops lime essential oil more or less to taste
- Place mangos, limes, water and sugar in a blender and process until smooth. Add lime oil and blend until incorporated. Taste and add additional sugar as needed. Place in a glass dish and refrigerate until cold.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to a freezer safe glass dish and freeze until hard.