Spring and summer just aren’t complete without delicious frozen treats, and this Ninja CREAMi lemon sorbet is the perfect way to cool off. With its smooth and creamy texture, it has a wonderfully refreshing flavor that is great for beating the heat! This easy-to-make twist on classic sorbet will have your family begging for more.
As the temperatures rise, it's time to cool off with a delicious frozen dessert.
And what better way to do that than with some refreshing and creamy lemon sorbet in the Ninja Creami?
This sorbet is perfect for hot days when you want to treat your family and friends to something special. (Only you will know how easy it is to make!)
Since Ninja CREAMi is so easy to use, anyone - even the kids - can quickly master this recipe.
I like to keep a Ninja Creami pint of it in the freezer for last-minute get-togethers and lazy Sunday afternoons.
Try out this delicious Ninja creami lemon sorbet recipe, and let me know what you think in the comments below!
- Sweetener: Use regular white sugar for this recipe. You can try a sugar substitute, but be aware that some low carb sugars (like erythritol) do not work well for ice cream or sorbet. For keto, I recommend using allulose.
- Water: Use warm filtered water. Make sure that it is warm enough to dissolve the sugar.
- Lemons: You'll want 4 large fresh lemons. You can use more or less to get the amount of lemon flavor you want.
How to Make Ninja Creami Lemon Sorbet
Tips & Tricks
- Plan for plenty of chilling time. Though the sorbet base is super-simple to make, you do need to plan on freezing it for at least 24 hours before giving it a whirl in your Ninja Creami.
- Mix and match flavors. The Ninja Creami allows you to get creative with mixing and matching flavors to create unique and delicious frozen treats. Don't be afraid to experiment with different fruits (like fresh blueberries, raspberries and pineapple), flavors, and mix-ins!
- Make sure you don't overfill. If you decide to add anything to this recipe, don't go over the max fill line. This will help to prevent spillage and ensure a smooth, creamy texture.
- Always taste before freezing. Lemons can vary in their tartness, so you may need to add more sugar to get the sorbet sweet enough.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my sorbet crumbly in the Ninja CREAMi?
If your sorbet is crumbly, it likely needs more time in the freezer before processing. Make sure your base is fully frozen, at least 24 hours, before attempting to process. This allows the ingredients to fully freeze and blend smoothly.
Can I use a different citrus than lemon?
Yes, you can use any citrus you like for this recipe. Try lime, orange, or even grapefruit. You may need to adjust the amount of sugar depending on the tartness of the citrus.
Start with a little less sugar for sweeter citrus and add more for very tart fruits like grapefruit. Ninja creami lime sorbet should require about the same amount of sweetener, but always taste before freeze!
Can I refreeze Ninja CREAMi ice cream and sorbet?
Yes, you can refreeze lemon sorbet from your Creami. Once processed, store your frozen treat in an airtight container in the freezer. It will keep for several weeks.
Tools Needed to Make
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Ninja Creami - I used the original creami, but you can use the new larger creami if you like.
Store leftover Ninja lemon sorbet in the freezer in an airtight container. Make sure it's sealed tightly to avoid freezer burn. The sorbet should last for up to 2 weeks. If the texture feels a little off, you can always give it a re-spin in your creami.
More Frozen Treats to Try
- When you need an easy-to-make treat that is sure to delight, it doesn't get any better than these ice cream cupcakes. No ice cream maker or baking is required!
- This honey lemon strawberry sorbet is the perfect treat for summer! Make it once and it is sure to become a warm weather habit.
- This mango sorbet has a kick of lime that takes flavors over the top.
- Peppermint ice cream is a delicious treat that can be enjoyed throughout the year.
3-Ingredient Ninja Creami Lemon Sorbet
- Ninja Creami
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup of warm water
- 4 lemons zest and juice
- Place the sugar in a large bowl. Add the water, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Whisk well until combined.
- Pour into an CREAMi Pint and freeze for at least 24 hours.
- Place the pint in the outer bowl and add the lid.
- Place on the base and select SORBET. Process according to the manufacturer’s instructions.