This Penne with Sausage, Broccoli and Gorgonzola is a delicious gluten free meal the whole family will enjoy! With broccoli, chicken sausage and the option to skip the cream in favor of quinoa cream, it is a meal you can feel good about serving!
I’m always skeptical when trying a new gluten free pasta.
When you are gluten free, and the rest of your family isn’t, winning them over can be tough. More than once I’ve had the kids turn their noses up and refuse to eat. How frustrating is it to cook an entire meal that no one else will eat?
Despite my hesitation, I recently tried Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta.
I’m happy to say that no one seemed to notice that Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta was even gluten free. Talk about a score!
It makes sense given that it is the #1 Gluten Free Pasta brand according to Nielsen. It is a great blend of corn and rice, and it is GMO-free! (Can I get a YAY to that?!) I am beyond impressed with the taste and texture of this certified gluten free pasta.
[clickToTweet tweet="Penne with Sausage, Broccoli and Gorgonzola #glutenfree" quote="Penne with Sausage, Broccoli and Gorgonzola #glutenfree"]
What better to pair Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta than with Aidells® Sausages?
Our family has long been a fan of Aidells® Sausages. I use them in pasta dishes and pizzas all the time! They are also gluten free and handcrafted in small batches with real, hand-picked ingredients. With no nitrates or added hormones, they are fully cooked in ready in just 8 to 10 minutes. Perfect for the busy mom!
Today I've got a great gluten free pasta dish that the whole family will love! This Penne with Sausage, Broccoli and Gorgonzola is packed with flavor and perfect for a weeknight dinner.
With Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta and Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausage, it is so easy to embrace your foodie and stick to a gluten free diet! Even better, I can pick both of them up easily when I head to Target.
Want to embrace your foodie too?
Penne with Sausage, Broccoli and Gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces Chicken Sausag
- 1 ¼ cups chopped red onion
- 6 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli trimmed and cut into pieces
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 16 ounces gluten free pasta
- ¾ cup half and half or quinoa cream
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola cheese divided
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup walnuts toasted
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add sausage and red onion and cook until onions are softened and sausage is browned, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook one more minute. Add broccoli and cook for 7 more minutes, until tender. Add broth to the pan and scrap up bits from bottom of the pan.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat half-and-half or quinoa cream to a simmer. Reduce to low and add all but ¼ cup of the Gorgonzola cheese, paprika and cayenne pepper. Stir until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss sausage, broccoli and pasta with cheese sauce. Top with walnuts and remaining cheese.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® & Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.