Summertime is the perfect time to enjoy light and healthy Vegan Summer Rolls with Quinoa and Peanut Sauce! These vegan-friendly bundles are easy to make and taste delicious. They're perfect for a quick snack or a light dinner. Plus, they're loaded with nutrients that your body will love. So roll up your sleeves and get started on these amazing summer rolls!
While we don't eat quinoa much as a family anymore (thanks to five years of severe overload), I have had so much fun going back and re-making some of my favorites. It is fun to remember those early days and to reflect on how far I've come since then.
I don't remember the circumstances around making all of the first recipes, but I do remember making these Quinoa Spring Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce.
We were visiting my parents.
The blog was still new, and I was anxious to get them on board with my new favorite food.
My Dad has never been one to fuss much about food - he is typically just grateful when someone makes it for him. So, I wasn't worried too much about him.
My Mom, on the other hand, was very vocal about not liking quinoa.
These Quinoa Spring Rolls were one of the first recipes that brought her around.
Truth be told, I had never made spring rolls before, and I was a little nervous about the process.
What I should have been nervous about is making sure that by the time I got done making them, there were some Spring Rolls left to photograph.
They went that fast!
To this day, these Quinoa Spring Rolls still represent one of the most fun and unique quinoa recipes I've ever created.
And now I know I need to hide some for myself so that they aren't all gone before I can enjoy them.
More Gluten-Free Appetizers to Try:
- When you need something that is quick to make and never fails to delight, these Goat Cheese Crostini are perfection!
- Quinoa Cabbage Rolls are a fun twist on the original that is healthy and hearty at the same time.
Quinoa Spring Rolls with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 10 Spring Roll Rice Paper Wrappers
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup sprouts
- 1 cup napa cabbage chopped
- 2 cups lettuce chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped basil
- ¼ cup sesame seeds toasted
- Peanut Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup natural peanut butter or almond
- ¼ cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons tamari/soy sauce if you are GF - use GF tamari
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoon Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste or ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons white miso optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Working one at a time, soak wrappers in a large bowl of hot water for a few seconds and then transfer to a clean dry work surface.
- Place the quinoa across the right ⅓ of each wrapper. Top with lettuce, carrots, sprouts, cabbage, cilantro and basil. Add a tablespoon of sauce and sesame seeds and roll the wrapper tightly over the filling, tucking the ends in as you roll. Cover with a lightly damp towel as you continue to make your rolls. When ready to serve cut in half and serve with additional sauce.
- To make sauce combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.