This Vegan Black Bean Soup is the perfect healthy comfort food. With quinoa, corn, cilantro and lime juice, this is a nutritious soup recipe is one you will crave.
Y’all, it has been so cold here. Like it got below freezing yesterday.
I am dy-inggggg.
I know I am dramatic, but I seriously thought that by spending January in Orlando I had officially opted out of winter.
Apparently not though.
Luckily it isn’t going to last long – it will be back up in the 70’s by the weekend. Until then, I am consoling myself with soup.
Specifically, this Vegan Black Bean Soup.
It is hearty and healthy and has everything that you need to power through a cold day.
With red pepper, onion, garlic, quinoa, black beans, carrots and corn, you’ve got a Vegan Black Bean Soup that is packed with nutrition. I added in fresh cilantro and touch of lime juice at the end, and toped is off with chopped tomatoes, red peppers, and carrots. So yummy!
We are out of sour cream and my first thought was to make this cashew sour cream. Then I discovered that we were also out of cashews. Since good Floridians don’t go to the store when it is this cold (kidding!), I skipped that idea but I do think that it would be a great addition.
Next time I make this I will definitely add some sour cream. And if I get real crazy I may also ad some of these Seasoned Tortilla Strips. (I’d use organic tortillas and cook in my AirFryer.)
If You Like this Vegan Black Bean Soup You May Also Like:
- Cajun Quinoa Pilaf
- Cream of Broccoli Quinoa Soup
- “Meaty” Quinoa Tacos
- How to Cook Quinoa
- Quinoa Florentine
Vegan Black Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans 1 can
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup corn
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- For garnish: chopped tomatoes red pepepr and carrots
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes. Add quinoa, garlic and chili powder and sauté another 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, black beans, carrots, corn, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice and garnish to serve.