This Vegan Black Bean Soup is the perfect healthy comfort food. With quinoa, corn, cilantro and lime juice, this is a nutritious soup recipe will keep your taste buds singing. It is like a hug in a bowl!
Vegan Black Bean Soup is a Hearty and Delicious Meal
Y'all, it has been so cold here. Like it got below freezing yesterday.
I am dy-inggggg.
I know I am dramatic, but I seriously thought that by spending January in Orlando I had officially opted out of winter.
Apparently not though.
Luckily it isn't going to last long - it will be back up in the 70's by the weekend. Until then, I am consoling myself with soup.
Specifically, this Vegan Black Bean Soup.
It is hearty and healthy and has everything that you need to power through a cold day.
With red pepper, onion, garlic, quinoa, black beans, carrots and corn, you’ve got a Vegan Black Bean Soup that is packed with nutrition. I added in fresh cilantro and touch of lime juice at the end, and toped is off with chopped tomatoes, red peppers, and carrots. So yummy!
Variations for This Recipe:
- For an extra kick, add 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce and 2 teaspoons of chili powder, ground cumin, and garlic powder.
- Use two poblano peppers in place of the bell pepper.
Tips & Tricks
- This recipe is amazing topped with this Cashew Sour Cream and Seasoned Tortilla Strips. (I'd use organic tortillas and cook in my AirFryer.)
- You can use canned beans, but I much prefer to make my own. Check out this Slow Cooker Black Bean recipe for an easy and delicious way to make black beans in bulk.
If You Like this Vegan Black Bean Soup You May Also Like:
- Cajun Quinoa Pilaf
- Cream of Broccoli Quinoa Soup
- "Meaty" Quinoa Tacos
- How to Cook Quinoa
- Quinoa Florentine
<center><script src="//static.leadpages.net/leadboxes/current/embed.js" async="" defer=""></script> <figure><img style="cursor: pointer;" src="https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Da8cjp7D2t9Ge7Rf13lAS_KoDV1nEMtN6DsjrI0xCZ8MOZlf1YLKW2VFdsNqujCNY2ru7c9tJfXAGyQq_xPz=s0" alt="Click here to subscribe" data-leadbox-popup="txAsvhiMYHAnzKoW7grVLK" data-leadbox-domain="wendypolisi.lpages.co"></figure></center>
Vegan Black Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups cooked black beans 1 can
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup corn
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- For garnish: chopped tomatoes red pepepr and carrots
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes. Add quinoa, garlic and chili powder and sauté another 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, black beans, carrots, corn, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice and garnish to serve.