If you like flavor-packed recipes that will leave you feeling great, you will fall in love with this Jeweled Turmeric Quinoa Salad. Savory quinoa is perfectly balanced with dried apricots, cranberries, and raisins. Add in crunchy pistachios, and brighten it up with a squeeze of lemon juice for a dish that never fails to satisfy. I have lost count of how many times I have made this recipe, and I think you will agree that it is a keeper.
I never put recipes that I don't like on the website, but some of them hold a special place in my heart.
This Jeweled Quinoa Salad is one of them.
I created this recipe almost seven years ago, and it is still one of my favorites. I have lost track of how many times I've made it, but every time I do I wonder why I don't make it more often.
I love everything about it - the colors, the texture, and the taste. I would argue that it is pretty enough for your holiday table!
It makes a fabulous side dish, but also works well as a vegan main course. I've been known to eat it for breakfast on more than one occasion. (But I am weird like that. I routinely eat a green salad for breakfast.)
Don't you love how turmeric colors quinoa?
I try to use turmeric in my cooking as often as I can. Not only does it give dishes fabulous color, but it is such a nutritional powerhouse, helping to ease pain and inflammation. (I take a turmeric supplement daily as well.)
The combination of turmeric, quinoa, and pistachios turns this vegan quinoa salad into a meal that will keep you fueled without weighing you down. I don't know about you, but I need all the help I can get this time of year.
If You Like This Jeweled Quinoa Salad You May Also Like:
- Cashew Orange & Mango Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Protein Power Bowl
- Balsamic Quinoa Salad
- Corn Arugula Avocado Quinoa Salad
Jeweled Quinoa Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions chopped (white and green parts, divided)
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 3 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons dried raisins
- ⅓ cup pistachios chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add the white part of the green onions, turmeric, and quinoa and sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add vegetable broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce to low. Cover and cook 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat. Fold in fruits and cover. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pistachios, green onion tops, and lemon juice. May be served warm, at room temperature or chilled.