Sad movies? Nope.
Weddings? Not me.
I cried in Target this week.
It hit me by surprise honestly. I was there picking up a few exciting items like diapers and paper towels and decided to look for some play clothes for Skye.
My little princess is quite the mess these days. Her markers are her favorite toys and everyone knows that washable doesn’t always mean completely washable. And let’s not talk about what happens when she gets one of my markers.
Plus, she loves to play in the dirt.
While I was trying to find some inexpensive shorts and t-shirts, I made a wrong turn.
To the baby section. And there were the cutest tiny short sets. And ity-bity sundresses.
And I lost it.
Suddenly the 3T’s that had seems so small minutes before seemed huge.
She’s getting so big. So fast.
She’s two. She talks to me. She gives me “sweet baby snuggles”.
As hard as it sometimes is to have a two year old…
I want to freeze time.
Because I know I’m going to blink and this time will be gone.
Have you ever been the crazy person crying in a public place?
Roasted Summer Squash with Smoked Paprika and Manchego Cheese
- 1 ½ lbs summer squash cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 cup manchego grated
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the squash and salt and place in a colander. Allow o drain for 30 minutes then transfer to a large bowl. Add onion, olive oil and paprika and toss well.
- Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and cook for 50 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve warm.