Shredded Beef Tacos with Chipotle Lime Slaw are a great family meal that is perfect for your busy weeknight. Using pre-cooked beef makes this one a snap.
When I think of family meals, one of the first things that comes to mind in tacos. When my husband and I were first a family, even before the kids came along, we had taco night once a week. It was always when Friends was on TV, and it was always something I looked forward to all week.
We’ve continued this tradition now that we have kids. Of course, the TV is gone, and instead we all gather around the table. As hectic as life can get I look forward to that time together, knowing that no matter what else is going on we always make time for Taco Thursdays together. These days, I’m more likely to look for easy alternatives to make sure this family time happens.
Tools for Making This Shredded Beef Taco Recipe
Shredded Beef Tacos
Shredded Beef Tacos with Chipotle Lime Slaw
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or homemade mayo (or a combination)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 chipotle chili pepper chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces cabbage shredded *see note
- 3 carrots shredded
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 8 ounces Shredded Taco Beef
- 8 corn tortillas
- For serving: avocado tomatoes, cilantro, hot sauce
- Make slaw by combining mayo or Greek yogurt, lime juice, chipotle chili pepper, honey and sea salt in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Place cabbage, carrots, green onions and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss with dressing. Refrigerate until serving. (Note: If you are using red cabbage, wait until the last minute to toss.)
- Warm beef according to package directions. Heat tortillas in a skillet. Top with beef and slaw. Add other toppings and serve.