Dinner in 20 minutes or less?! Yes, please! Try these Greek Tacos with Feta Cheese, and you’ll be in and out of the kitchen before you know it. With shredded chicken, feta, grape tomatoes, red onion, and pepperoncini topped off with a delicious Tzatziki Sauce, you have a meal that is sure to leave your taste buds singing.
As a self-employed mom to three, keeping easy recipes in my arsenal is essential.
It is just too tempting to order online delivery when faced with making an elaborate meal at the end of the day.
Recipes like these Greek Tacos save me time and again. It is a great way to liven up Taco Tuesday!
You can easily pick up a cooked chicken for this recipe, or you can do what I do and make this Easy Slow Cooker Chicken once a week.
I can make them in lettuce wraps for myself and serve them with corn tortillas or pita bread for the kids to ensure that we are happy all around!
Ingredients for Making Greek Tacos
- Wrap: Use butter lettuce for a low carb option or corn or small gluten free flour tortillas. Pita bread is also a good option.
- Chicken: I used shredded cooked chicken breasts. You could use chicken thighs or pick up a rotisserie chicken to make it easier.
- Feta: I like to buy a large block of feta cheese packed in water, but you can use feta crumbles if you are short on time.
- Tomatoes: I used grape tomatoes, but cherry tomatoes or diced tomatoes work as well.
- Red Onion: If you are sensitive to raw red onion, dry soaking it in ice water for about 30 minutes to mellow the flavor.
- Pepperoncini: I buy mine pre-sliced to save time.
- Tzatziki Sauce: I recommend making your own with Greek yogurt, but you can usually find it in the deli section if you prefer to buy it.
Tips, Tricks, and Variations
- I made this with chicken, but you could just as easily substitute lean ground beef or ground turkey.
- To take flavors to the next level, add seasonings to the meat when cooking. My go-to would be oregano - I would add the oregano just before cooking. You could also toss it with a bit of olive oil and lemon juice or red wine vinegar before adding it to the tacos.
- Cucumber or olives would be a great addition to these chicken tacos with feta cheese.
Storing This Mediterranean Tacos Recipe
You can store the components for these Greek Tacos separately in the refrigerator for up to four days. I recommend putting them together just before serving.
You could combine the chicken, feta, tomatoes, onion, and pepperoncini in a container for easy lunches and toss the meat mixture with the tzatziki sauce. Add it to your lettuce wrap, tortilla, or pita just before serving.
More Taco Recipes to Try
- Slow Cooker Beef Tacos are super-easy to make and always a crowd favorite. Perfect for game day or a weeknight meal!
- You are going to go wild for the chipotle lime slaw in these Shredded Beef Tacos.
- These Tacos with Mango Salsa are the perfect way to mix up your meal plan. The salsa is so good you may find yourself eating it by itself!
- Looking for something for Meatless Monday that is sure to be a hit? Give these Black Bean Tacos a try!
- This Quinoa Taco Salad Bowl is the perfect way to enjoy all the flavors of tacos in a way that is just as nutritious as it is delicious.
- Don't miss these delicious Street Tacos. Your family is going to love them as much as mine does.
- 1 head butter lettuce or pita bread or tortillas (gluten free)
- 12 ounces chicken shredded
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- ½ red onion sliced thin
- ¼ cup chopped pepperoncini
- Tzatziki Sauce
- To make tacos, wash butter lettuce and separate it into leaves. Place leaves on a plate.
- Top with chicken, feta, grape tomatoes, onion, and pepperoncini. Drizzle with tzatziki sauce and serve.