These Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa are a delicious and unique twist on a classic!You could say that I’m a little taco obsessed. Really wrap obsessed. Pretty much anything in a tortilla I love…gyros, veggie wraps, you name it.
For the longest time, I was traditional with my tacos and saved creativity for other types of wraps.
These tacos also display my other latest obsession: cooking with essential oils. Gotta say, I don’t know why I waited so long to get started but I can’t get enough. Anyone who has enjoyed my many quinoa recipes because my style of cooking tends to be high on seasoning has GOT to try it.
(I don’t recommend cooking with just any brand. If you want to know which brand I trust then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Have you ever tried cooking with essential oils?
You Make Like These Slow Cooker Recipes:
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa are a delicious and unique twist on a classic! This is an easy weeknight recipe you will make over and over.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken
- 1 cup filtered water or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 4 tablespoons lime juice divided
- Lime Essential Oil optional
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 medium tomato seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 12 organic corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup cabbage shredded
- Place chicken, water, cumin, paprika and salt in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot. Allow to cool slightly and shred. Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice and 2 drops of lime essential oil in a small bowl. Add to chicken and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, combine mango, tomato, onion, cilantro and jalapeño in a small bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1-2 drops of Lime Essential Oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- In another bowl combine Greek yogurt, vinegar and 1 drop of Lime Essential Oil.
- Heat tortillas over medium-high heat in a skillet for 20 seconds on each side. Top tortillas with chicken mixture, cabbage and salsa. Top with yogurt sauce and serve.