These Dark Chocolate & Salted Caramel Frozen Cupcakes are a delicious way to satisfy your cravings. They are vegan, gluten free and even have quinoa in the crust. A treat you can feel good about!
It is hot out there guys! Too hot for my liking.
What do you say we share a frozen treat to cool off?
Not just any frozen treat. If I’m splurging, it has to be good and for me, that means So Delicious. Specifically, I love their Salted Caramel Cluster and their Dark Chocolate Truffle. (All the flavors are great!)
You might have guessed from this post that I have a serious love affair with their frozen desserts.
Today, even though we are splurging, I think it is a splurge we can feel good about.
These Dark Chocolate & Salted Caramel Frozen Cupcakes are vegan and gluten-free. It even has some quinoa in the crust. Plus, I’ve made it in a mini-muffin pan to keep our portions in check. It only takes one of these babies to satisfy my cravings.
I’ve made these cupcakes as part of So Delicious Dairy Free’s Raise a Pint Recipes Contest.
What is the Raise a Pint Recipe Contest?
Twenty-One bloggers, author’s and recipes creators are participating in this summer’s Go Dairy Free recipe contest, sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free. We are using So Delicious Coconut Milk Frozen Desserts or Cashew Milk Frozen Desserts to create the Coolest and Creamiest treats.Dark Chocolate & Salted Caramel Frozen Cupcakes #dairyfreesummerClick To Tweet
All recipes will be shared between July 10th and July 24th (follow the hashtag #RaiseAPint on Twitter and Instagram), and then you will be able to vote on your favorites! The recipe contest winners will be announced in August, and will include two $500 grand prize winners and two $250 runner-up winners.
Along with the contest, you can join in the #RaiseAPint Event, which will run from July 11th to August 5th. During this time, So Delicious will award 20 entries with an ice cream party prize pack. Simply share your moment on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter and be sure to use #RaiseAPint! Full Details Here.
- 1/2 cup blanched hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons sugar of choice
- 1/4 cup So Delicious culinary coconut milk
- 1 pint So Delicious Salted Caramel Cluster
- 1 pint So Delicious Dark Chocolate Truffle
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the hazelnuts and coconut flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat. Make sure your quinoa isn’t still extremely wet to avoid oil popping. Add quinoa to the pan and cook until golden brown, about four or five minutes, stirring constantly.
- Transfer hazelnuts and quinoa to a food processor. Process for two minutes. Add So Delicious culinary coconut milk and process until a crust has formed.
- Spray a mini-muffin pan and line it with muffin liners. Press the quinoa mixture into the bottom and the sides, wetting your hands as needed. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and remove muffin liners. Return the crust to the pan.
- Allow the So Delicious Frozen Dessert to soften at room temperature, and then fill the crusts with one of the flavor, smoothing the top. Freeze for about 25 minutes. Add second flavor, using a tablespoon measure to form a scoop on top. Top with chopped hazelnuts and freeze until firm.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for five minutes prior to serving.