This Roasted Garlic & Tomato Lentil Salad is the perfect vegan salad that everyone will love! With roasted garlic, oven roasted tomatoes and onions, this is one you don’t want to miss.
I had no intention of publishing this recipe today, but I couldn’t stop myself.
The last few days I’ve been a bit under the weather.
And by a “bit” I mean I slept about 14 hours yesterday.
Anyone who knows me knows I can’t nap to save my life, so this is a pretty major “what the heck is going on” kind of thing.
I woke up today feeling a little better and decided to spend the day on the couch and playing with Skye.
Then I started thinking about lunch and knew I had everything to make this Roasted Garlic & Tomato Lentil Salad on hand. I decided that a healthy lunch was just what I needed and that I could always photograph it tomorrow.
Then one thing lead to another.
I decided to take just a few quick shots on my new background hubby got me. (Love it.)
And then I tasted the salad.
To. Die. For.
This baby is getting put in the back of the fridge so I have lunch for the next three days. A girl has to recover you know. 🙂
You May Also Like
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil, divided
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2¾ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup green lentils
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut top of garlic head and place in foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of oil and close foil around garlic.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange tomatoes and onion in a single layer and drizzle with avocado oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place garlic and tomato mixture in a preheated oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly shriveled.
- Carefully open garlic and allow to cool. Gently press cloves from garlic head and place in a small bowl, breaking garlic into smaller pieces with the back of a fork.
- Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil. Add lentils and reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, red onion, celery, red pepper to the bowl.
- Make dressing by combining olive oil, lemon juice, and crushed pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in salt and paper to taste. Toss with lentil mixture and serve.