Air Fryer Pecans are sweet, spicy, and ridiculously good. They are the perfect recipe for those times when you need a quick nibble. With just 5-ingredients, this recipe is super-simple to make. The most difficult part is waiting for them to be ready to eat!
As a busy mom, I always look for snacks with simple ingredients to satisfy our cravings to crunch.
This air fryer pecans recipe is a constant in our rotation.
They are super simple to make and work just as well for an after school snack as they do on your holiday buffet.
Give them a try; I think you will love them as much as we do.
Ingredients for Making Air Fryer Candied Pecans
- Butter: I like to use unsalted butter. If you use salted butter, you may want to omit the additional salt in the recipe.
- Brown Sugar: I prefer light brown sugar in this recipe, but you can use dark brown sugar if that is what you have on hand.
- Sea Salt: Maldon sea salt is great here, but you can also use regular sea salt.
- Cayenne Pepper: This gives the pecans a nice little bit of heat. Smoked paprika could be used for less heat. If you don't like spicy foods, you can omit this ingredient.
- Pecan Halves: This recipe will need two cups of pecan halves. I like to use halves because they don't cook as quickly as pieces.
Tips & Tricks for Making Air Fryer Pecans
- Be sure to use unsalted butter or taste before adding the salt so your pecans aren't too salty.
- If you don't have Maldon sea salt, you can use regular sea salt, but you will need less because it will be much finer.
- Omit the cayenne pepper if you don't like spicy foods.
- Pecan halves cook more slowly than pieces, so if you use pieces to make air fryer toasted pecans, you may want to check them a few minutes early.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract for an extra festive flavor.
- Make these candied nuts keto by substituting Swerve brown sugar for the regular sugar.
- For a fun variation, try this with other nuts. Almonds and cashews are great options.
These air fryer pecans are great on their own as snacks. But they are also excellent in salads, on top of ice cream, or even in oatmeal!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you air fry pecans?
Yes, you can air fry pecans! This easy recipe is perfect when you need a quick nibble.
Do you need to soak pecans before roasting?
No, you don't need to soak pecans before roasting. This recipe is quick and easy, so there's no need to soak the pecans beforehand.
Some people do soak nuts before roasting because it can help them be more easily digestible. You can certainly do this if you feel it would benefit you.
Can you roast pecans in the oven?
Yes, you can roast pecans in the oven! This recipe is designed for the air fryer, but you can easily adapt it for the oven.
Simply preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and spread the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes until the pecans are golden brown and fragrant.
Why are my pecans not crunchy?
There are a few reasons why your pecans might not be as crunchy as you'd like. First, ensure you use raw pecans and not roasted or salted nuts. Roasted and salted nuts will not get as crispy in the air fryer.
Second, spread the pecans in a single layer on the air fryer basket or tray. If they overlap, they will not get as crispy.
Finally, make sure you are not overcooking the pecans. They should only be in the air fryer for 10-15 minutes. Any longer and they will start to become burnt and less crispy.
Can you use maple syrup instead of brown sugar?
Yes, this recipe can use maple syrup instead of brown sugar. The flavor will be slightly different but just as delicious!
Tools Needed to Make Roasted Pecans in the Air Fryer
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowl
- Air Fryer Liners
Store these candied pecans in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
If you live in a humid climate, you may want to store them in the refrigerator.
Can You Freeze Air Fryer Candied Pecans?
Yes, you can freeze air fryer candied pecans! Simply place them in a freezer-safe container and store them in the freezer for up to two months. When you're ready to eat them, thaw them at room temperature or in the fridge.
How Do You Reheat Air Fryer Candied Pecans?
To reheat air fryer candied pecans, simply place them back in the air fryer basket and cook at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes, or until they are warmed through.
How to Roast Pecans in the Air Fryer
(For the full instructions with measurements, see the recipe card below.)
First, start by lining your air fryer basket with parchment paper or an air fryer liner.
This will help to prevent the pecans from sticking and make cleanup a breeze. (The easy clean-up is one reason I toast pecans in the air fryer more than any other method.)
If you don’t have either, spray lightly with cooking spray.
Next, melt the butter in a small bowl. Once it's melted, whisk in the brown sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper until well combined.
(If you want to add any of the spices mentioned above in the tips and tricks section, now is the time.)
Pour the sugar mixture over the pecans in a medium bowl and toss to coat.
Now it's time to air fry the pecans! Set your air fryer to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and place the pecans in the basket in a single layer. If you need to, cook them in batches.
Air fry for 10 minutes, then stir and cook for 5 minutes more.
Once the pecans are done, transfer them to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and allow them to cool completely. They will harden as they cool.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Love
Want even more inspiration? Check out my complete archives of Air Fryer Recipes.
Air Fryer Pecans
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Maldon sea salt you can use regular sea salt if you like
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups raw pecan halves
- Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper or an air fryer liner.
- Place the melted butter in a small bowl and whisk in the brown sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Place the pecans in a medium bowl and pour the butter mixture over them. Toss to coat.
- Set the air fryer to 275°F. Place the pecans in the air fryer basket in a single layer, cooking in batches if necessary, and cook for 10 minutes. Stir, then cook 5 minutes more.
- Transfer the pecans to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and allow them to cool completely. Store at room temperature for up to a week.