For a quick and easy meal that will please kids and adults alike, these Air Fryer Steak Bites are just what you need. Lightly charred steak that is juicy and tender on the inside is tossed in a delicious garlic butter sauce to create a flavor combo that will leave you doing a happy dance.
If you're looking for an easy and delicious way to cook steak, look no further than this recipe for air fryer steak bites!
Seasoned with a simple spice rub and cooked to perfection in the air fryer, these little morsels are so satisfying. The simple garlic butter takes flavors to a whole new level.
Once you make garlic butter steak bites in the air fryer, you may never make them any other way.
Ingredients for Making Steak Bites in the Air Fryer
- Steak: Use any type of steak that you like for this recipe. I used sirloin, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand for this air fryer steak bites recipe.
- Seasonings: I kept the seasonings simple with just brown sugar, ancho chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. But you can get creative and add your own favorite spices to the mix.
- Avocado oil: This healthy fat helps to create a crispy exterior on your steak bites while they cook in the air fryer.
- Butter: A little bit of butter melted over the steak bites right before serving adds even more delicious flavor.
- Chopped parsley: I like to add chopped parsley to the garlic butter for a touch of freshness and color.
- Minced garlic: I love the flavor that minced garlic adds to these air fryer steak bites. You can substitute garlic powder if you don’t have fresh garlic.
Tips & Tricks
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket: You'll want to ensure that your steak bites have plenty of space so they can cook evenly. If you overcrowd the basket, your steak will end up steaming instead of air frying.
- Preheat the air fryer: This step is key for getting a nice char on your steak. Preheat the air fryer for at least 5 minutes before adding the steak bites.
- Flip or stir the steak bites halfway through cooking: Again, this will help to ensure that your steak bites cook evenly on all sides.
- Don't overcook the steak: The key to juicy and flavorful steak is not to overcook it. I recommend cooking the steak for 2-4 minutes per side or until it reaches the desired level of doneness.
- Use a meat thermometer: If unsure whether your steak is done, use a meat thermometer to check. Steak is considered medium rare when it registers at 130 - 140°F, medium when it registers at 150°F, and well done when it registers at 160°F.
- Let the steak bites rest: Once they are cooked, transfer them to a plate and rest for 5 minutes before cutting into them. This will help to lock in all the juices.
Steak Bites are a main course that goes along with so many side dishes.
Frequently Asked Questions
I like to use sirloin steak to make air fryer sirloin steak bites, but feel free to use whatever cut of steak you have on hand.
Ribeye, flan steak, and New York strip are all excellent options. Avoid a cut (like a chuck roast) that is overly tough for the best air fryer steak bites.
I kept the seasonings simple with brown sugar, ancho chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. But you can get creative and add your favorite spices to the mix.
I recommend cooking the steak for 2-4 minutes per side or until it reaches the desired level of doneness. For juicy steak, make sure you don’t overcook.
Yes, this recipe can use any type of oil you like. Avocado oil is my personal favorite because it's healthy and has a high smoke point, but you can also use olive oil, vegetable oil, or any other type of cooking oil.
Yes, preheating the air fryer is key for getting a nice char on your steak. Preheat the air fryer for at least 5 minutes before adding the steak bites.
Yes, flipping the steak bites halfway through cooking will help to ensure that they cook evenly on all sides.
Tools Needed to Make Garlic Butter Air Fryer Steak Bites
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
Store leftover steak bites in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Reheat leftovers in the air fryer, oven, or microwave.
How to Cook Steak Bites in the Air Fryer
First, start by trimming the steak and cutting it into bite-sized pieces.
Then, add the steak to a large bowl and sprinkle with the brown sugar, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine, then add the oil and stir again to coat.
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F and add the steak in a single layer. (Depending on your air fryer, you may need to cook in batches.) Cook for 5 minutes or to desired doneness, flipping the steak bites halfway through cooking.
While the steak is cooking, combine the butter, parsley, and garlic in a small bowl. Toss the steak with the butter while warm, and let rest for 5 minutes.
Air Fryer Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Air Fryer
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Trim the steak and cut it into 1-inch pieces, and place it in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the steak. Stir to combine, and then add the oil. Stir again to coat.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400° F.
- Add the steak in a single layer.
- Cook for 5 minutes or to desired doneness, tossing halfway through the cooking time..
- While the steak is cooking, combine the butter, parsley, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Toss the steak with the butter while warm, and let rest for 5 minutes.