This Zucchini Feta Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dill Dressing is a fun and delicious way to enjoy spiralized zucchini! A great side dish or vegetarian lunch.
It has been a bit of a rough week around here. I won’t go too far into the details other than to say that I spent a tremendous amount of time on a project and finally realized that it just wasn’t making me happy. As someone who has a hard time of letting go of things, this through me into a bit of a tailspin.
When things are difficult, I am always grateful that my kids can always make me smile.
The boys seem to know when I’m down, (Maybe it is the crying in frustration or the fact that I’m eating chocolate?) and offer up extra hugs.
This Mom is serious about her hugs.
When they were little, I told them that mommies had to have hugs to survive.
For a while I think they actually believed it. These days, I know they know better and that makes me even more grateful that they aren’t too big to snuggle with Mom.
And Skye, makes me smile about a zillion times a day.
She’s at such a cute age.
Yes, I just said that. She’s 2 but I say once a week that I don’t remember 2 being so much fun.
She’s super active and loves to be outside, but there are also long periods where she is content to simply play independently or sit in my lap and read or watch TV.
She loves to feed her doll, but her favorite thing in the world is this multi-color Monkey that her brothers won for her at the arcade. She likes to grab it and then demand that Christian play Donkey Kong Country Returns for her so she can watch the Monkey. It is hysterical because she get’s upset when something doesn’t go perfectly and cheers when he wins.
Even more hysterical is her monkey sound, which just may be the cutest monkey sound ever.
You know what else makes me smile? Produce fresh from the garden. Today’s Zucchini Quinoa Salad features both zucchini and tomatoes fresh picked from the garden.
In continuing with my obsession of cooking with essential oils, I used dill oil, but you can easily substitute fresh dill if you don’t have the oil on hand.
What makes you smile when you are down?
Zucchini Feta Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dill Dressing
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 lb zucchini cut into strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 ounces feta or nut cheese
- Lemon Dill Dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 drop dill essential oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl combine quinoa, zucchini and cherry tomatoes. In a glass jar or blender combine lemon juice, olive oil, crushed pepper flakes dill or dill oil, salt and pepper. Process or shake until emulsified.
- Toss salad with desired amount of dressing. Top with feta and serve.