This Avocado Bacon Grilled Chicken Salad is a great weekend lunch or weeknight dinner!
Are you getting ready for a big Father’s Day weekend?
I always love holidays like Father’s Day, because they are a very good time to get everyone together in the kitchen for some great food. Today’s Avocado Bacon Grilled Chicken Salad is just the kind of meal I like to plan as the prelude to the main event! It is a great lunch before Father’s Day Dinner or dinner the night before.
Speaking of Father’s Day Dinner, am I the only one who gets a kick out of planning for events like that? I get a little giddy going through my recipes and deciding what our special meal will be.
I guess it isn’t such a surprise since food is one of my love languages.
Hubby has requested that I make him Eggplant Parmesan, which other than my slow cooker version, is something that doesn’t happen all that often. Since it is a special occasion, I’ll be skipping the slow cooker version and making the “real” thing. Although it is a lot of work, the kitchen is my happy place, so I don’t mind a bit.
I know the boys will be there with me, keeping me company and helping out.
They’ve turned into quite the young chefs. Alex will even get excited looking at kitchens with me.
We’ve been thinking about putting a pause on our travels and settling down. Of course, that has inspired me to do all kinds of dreaming into what my ideal kitchen would be like. (Hello, Pinterest!)
I’m dreaming of a kitchen that is unique, stylish and is functional. Two dishwashers are a must.
As much as the kitchen is my happy place, I’ll never learn to love cleaning it. Because the kitchen is the center of our home, and because I’ve got three kids, I’m forever dealing with dishes in the sink, countertops that need wiping and smudges on the appliance doors and handles.
Have you heard about the new GE Appliances with a unique smudge-proof slate finish? I got so excited when I ran across them on HGTV.
They sound just like what every busy mom needs. I adore the GE Slate because it has a warm natural look and stone-inspired finish which looks great with both light and dark cabinets. What a great way to add a premium look to the home!
I would love them because they’d let me stop worrying about the kids dirty hands getting smudges everywhere and spend more time enjoying family in the kitchen.
There is so much to love about this new line of appliances. The GE Slate French-door Refrigerator will be the first refrigerator with a built-in Keurig Brewing system. (We recently got a Keurig, and the whole family is in love with it.)
The GE Slate Double Oven Gas Range is perfect for our busy family! I don’t currently have double ovens, and there isn’t a week that goes by that I don’t long for them. It would be perfect to be able to be cooking dinner in one and be making bread or dessert in the other.
It also has a new large oval burner for cooking with larger pots and using the griddle. Last year we stayed in a vacation rental that had GE range with a similar feature, and I fell in love. The boys did too. It was so much easier to make the kids pancakes in the morning that I think they had more pancakes while we were there than they have in the six months since then.
Another great feature for this line is that the GE Slate Built-in Top Control Dishwasher has bottle jets for cleaning hard to reach places like baby bottles, water bottles, and wine glasses. Since we all have reusable water bottles, this would be perfect around our house.
Ok, I’ll stop gushing we can get to the food now. This Avocado Bacon Grilled Chicken Salad is one I will make again and again. It is packed with protein, making it the perfect easy weeknight dinner.
What’s in your dream kitchen?
Avocado, Bacon and Grilled Chicken Salad
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 slices turkey or beef bacon
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 5 ounces romaine lettuce washed, dried and chopped
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes quartered
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- To make the dressing, place buttermilk, yogurt, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chives, garlic, cayenne, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper in a blender. Process until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (If you would like a thicker more traditional ranch dressing, feel free to add in 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, preferably homemade.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place bacon in a single layer and cook for 15 minutes. Flip and cook another 7 minutes, or until crispy. (Bacon cooking time will depend on the type of bacon that you use. Don’t forget to watch it - it can burn quickly.) Allow to cool and crumble.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill pan to medium heat. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place romaine in a large bowl and toss with bacon, chicken, avocado, tomatoes and blue cheese. Add desired amount of dressing and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of GE Appliances. The opinions and text are all mine.