This Beef Taco Recipe is the perfect way to elevate your Taco Tuesday! With a flavor-packed cilantro slaw and delicious avocado cream, these ground beef tacos are anything but boring. Naturally gluten free with dairy free and vegan options.
If I had to pick one type of recipe to create 100 or more versions of it would be a toss up between tacos, bowls and pizza.
(No, it wouldn’t be quinoa recipes. I’ve already done that. :))
Today, I’m sharing another taco recipe favorite with you. This Beef Taco Recipe with Cilantro Slaw and Avocado Dressing is out of this world. The first time a made them, hubby commented four times that they were incredible. Since he gets tacos in one form or another at least once a week, that is pretty remarkable.
The Quality of Meat You Eat Matters!
You know that eating organic, grass-fed and ethically-raised animal protein is important, but sourcing it can be a challenge. Enter Butcher Box! Their monthly subscription service delivers a selection of hormone and antibiotic free cuts direct to your door, including 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef, free range organic chicken and heritage breed pork.
Read my full Butcher Box Review for why they are my go-to company.
(The following link is an affiliate link)
Get 10% Off, Free Bacon & Free Shipping!
I love the acid in the meat sauce, the subtle kick of the cilantro slaw and the coolness of the avocado dressing.
Speaking of the dressing, unless you tend to us a lot on your tacos, chances are you are going to have some left over. I recommend using them for wraps, bowls or thinning a little with water, buttermilk or oil to make a salad dressing.
I always try to start the week with a versatile dressing like this that I can use to quickly create meals throughout the week.
What is your go-to food?
If You Like this Beef Taco Recipe, You May Also Like:
Beef Taco Recipe with Cilantro Slaw and Avocado Cream
- 1/2 cabbage sliced thin
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne papper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pound ground beef or Beyond Meat Crumbles
- For Serving
- 12 corn tortillas organic
- Queso Fresco optional
- Avocado Cream
- Combine cilantro, lime juice, oil, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl toss together cabbage, onion and jalapeno. Toss with dressing. (If you are making this ahead, plan to use green cabbage or the color can run.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, avocado oil, paprika and cumin.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brown beef over medium high heat, breaking up with the back of a spoon. Alternatively, heat Beyond Meat Crumbles according to package directions. Stir spice mixture in and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat tortillas in a dry skillet.
- To serve, add beef to tortillas. Top with slaw, queso fresco and avocado cream.