This Beef Taco Recipe is the perfect way to elevate your Taco Tuesday! With a flavor-packed cilantro slaw and delicious avocado cream, these ground beef tacos are anything but boring. Naturally gluten free with dairy free and vegan options.
If I had to pick one type of recipe to create 100 or more versions of it would be a toss up between tacos, bowls and pizza.
(No, it wouldn't be quinoa recipes. I've already done that. :))
Today, I'm sharing another taco recipe favorite with you. This Beef Taco Recipe with Cilantro Slaw and Avocado Dressing is out of this world. The first time a made them, hubby commented four times that they were incredible. Since he gets tacos in one form or another at least once a week, that is pretty remarkable.
The Quality of Meat You Eat Matters!
You know that eating organic, grass-fed and ethically-raised animal protein is important, but sourcing it can be a challenge. Enter Butcher Box! Their monthly subscription service delivers a selection of hormone and antibiotic free cuts direct to your door, including 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef, free range organic chicken and heritage breed pork.
Read my full Butcher Box Review for why they are my go-to company.
(The following link is an affiliate link)
Get 10% Off, Free Bacon & Free Shipping!
I love the acid in the meat sauce, the subtle kick of the cilantro slaw and the coolness of the avocado dressing.
Speaking of the dressing, unless you tend to us a lot on your tacos, chances are you are going to have some left over. I recommend using them for wraps, bowls or thinning a little with water, buttermilk or oil to make a salad dressing.
I always try to start the week with a versatile dressing like this that I can use to quickly create meals throughout the week.
What is your go-to food?
If You Like this Beef Taco Recipe, You May Also Like:
- Avocado Hummus
- 23 Gluten Free Avocado Recipes
- Quinoa Tacos
- Bean & Quinoa Tacos
- Bacon Guacamole
Beef Taco Recipe with Cilantro Slaw and Avocado Cream
- ½ cabbage sliced thin
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne papper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pound ground beef or Beyond Meat Crumbles
- For Serving
- 12 corn tortillas organic
- Queso Fresco optional
- Avocado Cream
- Combine cilantro, lime juice, oil, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl toss together cabbage, onion and jalapeno. Toss with dressing. (If you are making this ahead, plan to use green cabbage or the color can run.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, avocado oil, paprika and cumin.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brown beef over medium high heat, breaking up with the back of a spoon. Alternatively, heat Beyond Meat Crumbles according to package directions. Stir spice mixture in and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat tortillas in a dry skillet.
- To serve, add beef to tortillas. Top with slaw, queso fresco and avocado cream.
This looks like a delicious meal!
I'm always looking for new taco recipes! This looks super original and I can practically smell it through the screen. Absolutely mouth-watering!
Emily Fata, www.EmulatingEmily.com
This recipe looks like it's absolutely SWOON-WORTHY!! If it wasn't the ingredients list that had me drooling, the photos of the final product definitely didn't help! Haha 🙂
Ooooh this recipe looks so darn good. i am in love with the use of avocado in it. Amazing!
My first husband was Mexican so I developed a love of Mexican foods, especially tacos. I can't wait to try this recipe.
im a huge fan of mexican dishes and avocado! this looks really yum!
OK, I am so hungry for these Beef tacos right now! I have some fresh cilantro in the fridge, so I can easily make this for dinner. Yay!
These tacos look so delicious. I will add this to my recipe journal! I can't wait to try them.
Excellent presentation and I am sure to taste great too. I will switch it with chicken as I don't eat beef.
These look so good! I love the purple cabbage it makes it so fun and colorful. I can't wait to try this, it looks like something my kids would like.
My go to recipe is anything with rice but tacos are a close second. Can't wait to try these!
These seriously made my mouth water! They look so darn good!
These look like perfect food to enjoy when watching the football. love the look of that slaw.