Looking for a delicious appetizer that works just as well for Cinco de Mayo and summer entertaining as it does for game day? It doesn't get much better than this Bacon Guacamole. With a smoky heat and a kick of garlic, this one will keep your taste buds singing.
I am not sure that it gets any better than this Bacon Guacamole when it comes to appetizers.
It is the perfect blend of creamy avocado and lime juice, with just the right kick from chipotle chiles and garlic.
Then we add bacon, which of course makes everything better.
(Kinda makes it like an avocado bacon dip, and how can you go wrong with that?)
As far as dip recipes go, it doesn't get any better!
Ingredients for Making This Guacamole Recipe with Bacon
- Bacon: Use your favorite type of bacon, cooked and crumbled. I like to make bacon in my Ninja Foodi Grill.
- Avocados: Make sure that you use ripe avocados. You can mash them, or leave them coarser for chunky guacamole.
- Lime Juice: Fresh squeezed lime juice is best.
- Cumin: This adds just the right punch of flavor.
- Onion: I recommend finely diced red onion.
- Garlic: Freshly minced garlic is best, but you can use garlic powder if you like.
- Chipotle Chiles: Finely chopped chipotle chili peppers turn this into a spicy guacamole recipe! You can find them in small cans in the ethnic section of most grocery stores. If you can't find chipotle chiles, seeded and diced jalapenos can also be used.
- Tomato: I love the addition of tomato to my guacamole, but feel free to leave it off. Or, substitute diced red bell peppers if you prefer.
- Cilantro: If you are someone who does not care for cilantro, feel free to omit it.
This recipe is a great addition to Taco Tuesday or any Southwestern or Mexican-inspired meal.
Tools Needed to Make Bacon Guacamole Recipe
- Fork or potato masher to mash the avocados
This recipe is best made the day you plan on serving it.
Store any leftovers with plastic wrap directly on the top for up to two days.
How to Make Guacamole with Bacon
First start by cooking your bacon and allowing it to cool on a paper-towel-lined plate. (You can cook it in your Ninja Foodi Grill, air fryer, oven, or in a large skillet.)
Once it has cooled enough to manage, crumble it.
Add the avocados to a medium bowl and mash to the desired consistency. Add the time juice and cumin, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Stir in the finely chopped onion, garlic, chipotle chilies, tomato, and cilantro.
Store in the refrigerator with plastic wrap directly over the surface.
Stir in the bacon just before serving.
More Appetizers To Try
- 8 ounces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 large avocados or 3 medium
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce seeded and chopped
- 1 tomato seeded and diced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Cook bacon according to package directions. Allow to cool slightly and crumble.
- Mash avocados in a medium bowl. Add lime juice and cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in onion, garlic, chipotle chilies, tomato, and cilantro.
- Store with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Stir in the bacon and serve.