Looking for a delicious game day appetizer? It doesn't get much better than this Bacon Guacamole. With a smoky heat and a kick of garlic, this one will keep your taste buds singing.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
I have said many times on the blog, that as much as I love football, one of my favorite parts of football season is planning the celebration. There is nothing more fun to me than getting friends and family together to watch the Big Game and enjoy delicious food.
Football and great food just go together!
And of course, you can't have a football party without chips and dip.
Mission® Tortilla Chip Strips are the perfect shape to dip and have just four simple ingredients and sea salt. They are certified gluten-free, which is a huge bonus for me.
We also love Mission Super Soft Flour Tortillas! They are great for making burritos and quesadillas for your party, because they are the perfect softness and versatile.
I've paired my Mission Tortilla Chip Strips with this Bacon Guacamole.
Guys...you must try this one. I have always loved guacamole, and this Bacon Guacamole is my favorite one I've made yet. It has the perfect blend of creamy avocado and lime juice with a kick of chipotle chiles and garlic. And of course....bacon. I used turkey bacon, but feel free to use whatever bacon your family enjoys.
This Bacon Guacamole is perfect for the Big Game, especially since I can get Florida avocados right now! (They are much larger than other avocados.)
If you like this Bacon Guacamole, you may also like:
- 8 ounces bacon I used turkey bacon
- 2 large avocados or 3 medium
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce seeded and chopped
- 1 tomato seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Mission® Tortilla Chips Strips for serving
- Cook bacon according to package directions.
- Mash avocados in a medium bowl. Add lime juice and cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in onion, garlic, chipotle chilies, tomato, and cilantro.
- Store with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with Mission Tortilla Chips Strips.