If you love crisp-tender broccoli with just the right amount of char, you are going to fall in love with this Blackstone broccoli. It is super simple to make, and the flavor is out of this world. The combination of simple seasonings and lemon gives it a delicious punch you’ll crave. Top with crunchy almonds or flavorful cheese, and it is sure to be a hit at your next family dinner.
Looking for a delicious side dish that's easy to make? You can't go wrong with this Blackstone griddle broccoli recipe!
The high heat of the griddle gives fresh broccoli a delicious char and caramelization that takes this vegetable from boring to amazing.
In this recipe, broccoli is tossed in oil and seasonings before being grilled to perfection.
The result is slightly crispy and bursting with flavor. It's a simple and quick way to add some veggies to your meal.
Fire up your griddle, and let me teach you how to make the best broccoli ever!
- Broccoli: Use about a pound of broccoli florets. To save time, you can buy a bag of pre-cut broccoli.
- Oil: Use your favorite oil. Avocado oil is great for this recipe because it has a high smoke point, but you can also use olive oil or other vegetable oils.
- Red Pepper Flakes: A pinch of crushed red pepper adds just the right amount of heat to this dish without overpowering it.
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper: To balance out the flavors, add a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. You could also add garlic powder or onion powder if you like.
- Lemon: A bright squeeze of lemon juice and zest adds a nice pop of flavor to this dish.
- Optional: For added texture and flavor, you can add sliced almonds, goat cheese, or Parmesan cheese.
Step by Step
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Finally, remove the broccoli from the griddle and toss with the lemon juice and zest.
If desired, top with almonds and cheese. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- When buying broccoli, avoid stalks that are too bendy, or florets that are yellow and brown.
- To revive limp broccoli, trim the stalk like you would fresh cut flowers. Stand it in a cup that has about an inch of water and refrigerate overnight.
- The key to perfectly cooked vegetables is to make sure that your griddle is hot enough before you start cooking. Don't skip preheating your griddle.
- Make sure you don't overcrowd the cooking space so that your veggies can sear properly.
Mix it Up
Looking for broccoli with an Asian flair? Try adding a tablespoon of soy sauce and freshly minced ginger to the oil and seasonings and toss before cooking. Finish with a splash of sesame oil on the griddle in the last minute of cooking. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
Griddled broccoli is a fabulous easy side that works with so many different make course recipes.
Want to make dinner entirely on your flattop griddle? Try this with Blackstone chicken, steak, or salmon. Round out the meal with Blackstone smashed potatoes, and be prepared for happy smiles all around.
How long does it take to cook broccoli on the Blackstone?
The exact time will depend on the heat level of your griddle, but in general it should take 12 to 15 minutes. Make sure to toss occasionally so all sides get cooked evenly.
Can I make this recipe with frozen broccoli?
Yes, you can use frozen broccoli for this recipe. Just make sure that you thaw and drain it before cooking. You’ll also want to reduce the cooking time by a few minutes since frozen broccoli is already partially cooked.
How do you know when broccoli is fully cooked?
Once the broccoli is tender but still has a bit of crispness, it's done. You don’t want to overcook it or else it will become mushy.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
More Blackstone Side Dishes to Try
- When you want an easy side that the whole crowd is sure to love, don't miss these Blackstone Potatoes.
- Griddled Asparagus is easy to make and works well for almost any occasion.
- Our family can never get enough of these Blackstone Smashed Potatoes.
- Blackstone Brussels Sprouts are so good that you will wonder why you ever made Brussels sprouts any other way.
- Blackstone Fried Rice is a hearty side that your friends and family will love. Serve it with your favorite stir fry for a meal they will be talking about for weeks.
20-Minute Blackstone Broccoli
- Blackstone Griddle
- 1 pound broccoli cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or other oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- Optional: Sliced almonds goat cheese or Parmesan cheese
- Place the broccoli in a large bowl and toss with the oil, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Preheat your Blackstone flat top grill to medium high heat. Grease it well with oil or butter.
- Cook for about 12 to 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Remove the broccoli from the griddle and toss with the lemon juice and zest.
- If desired, top with almonds and cheese.