Garlic bread is a timeless favorite that never goes out of style, and this Bread Machine Garlic Bread recipe is simply irresistible. You will savor each bite of this mouthwatering creation that effortlessly combines a crusty exterior with a soft and fluffy texture inside. In just a few easy-to-follow steps, you'll have cheesy garlic bread that will elevate any meal to new levels of deliciousness.
For a game-changing way to elevate almost any meal, don’t miss this bread machine garlic cheese bread.
Whether you’re hosting a family gathering or craving cheesy indulgence, this recipe is a must-try. This irresistible homemade bread will make you the hero of any meal!
So grab your apron and get ready to fill your kitchen with the aroma of freshly baked garlic bread.
- Honey: You could use sugar in its place, but I like the depth of flavor honey adds.
- All-purpose flour: This versatile flour serves as the main component of our bread dough.
- Bread machine yeast: This specific type of yeast is designed for bread machines, ensuring optimal rising and consistent results.
- Sea salt: Kosher or table salt could also be used.
- Garlic powder: Garlic powder infuses our bread with a delightful aroma and a subtle garlic flavor.
- Italian seasoning: If you don’t have Italian seasoning, consider herbs like oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary to add a burst of flavor to this garlic bread recipe for the bread machine.
- Butter: Use either salted or unsalted butter.
- Minced garlic: If you don't have fresh garlic, minced garlic may be used.
- Parmesan cheese: Grated parmesan cheese adds a nutty and salty taste to our bread.
- Mozzarella cheese: Shredded cheese provides a smooth and creamy texture to our bread.
- Egg: The beaten egg helps to provide a beautiful golden color to the crust.
Step by Step
For the full bread machine recipe for garlic bread with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Prep your springform pan by brushing it with a tablespoon of butter or olive oil.
Tips & Tricks
- Don't rush the rising process: To achieve pillowy softness in your garlic bread, allow the dough to rise fully during each stage. This may take some extra time but trust me, it's worth the wait!
- Experiment with herb combinations: While the recipe calls for Italian seasoning, feel free to get creative with your herb choices. Add a pinch of oregano, basil, or even a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for an extra kick of flavor.
- Control the garlic intensity: If you're a garlic lover like me, increase the amount of minced garlic in the butter mixture. But if you prefer a milder garlic taste, you can adjust the quantity to suit your preference.
- Customize with cheese: While parmesan and mozzarella are classic choices, feel free to experiment with other cheese varieties. Sharp cheddar, Gruyere, or even a hint of blue cheese can add a unique twist to your garlic bread.
Is it better to use bread flour in a bread machine?
The decision as to whether or not to use bread flour has nothing to do with using a bread machine and everything to do with the type of bread you are making.
Bread flour is higher in protein than all-purpose flour, and this results in a chewy, more structured dough perfect for recipes like sandwich bread.
When it comes to this garlic bread in a bread machine recipe, all-purpose flour is the preferred choice. It will give you the perfect balance of structure and tenderness.
Can you use regular yeast instead of bread machine yeast in a bread machine?
You can use regular yeast instead of bread machine yeast in a bread machine.
However, it may affect the rise and texture of your finished product. Regular yeast should be combined with warm water before mixing with other ingredients because it must first activate. Bread machine yeast does not need to be activated before adding it to the dough since it has already been pre-activated.
In addition, bread machine yeast is specially formulated to rise quickly and evenly in a bread machine environment.
When using regular yeast instead of bread machine yeast, it is important to be mindful of the rise time as it may take longer for your dough to become ready. I recommend choosing rapid-rise yeast over regular yeast if that choice is available.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Bread Machine
- 8- 9” Springform Pan
- Silicone Brush
Mere Delicious Bread Machine Recipes
- Bread Machine White Bread: This recipe will guide you through the process of creating a soft, fluffy, and utterly irresistible staple that will become a favorite in your household.
- Bread Machine Banana Bread: Got some overripe bananas sitting on your kitchen counter? Don't let them go to waste! With this recipe, you can transform those spotty fruits into a moist and flavorful banana bread that will have everyone begging for seconds.
- Bread Machine Dinner Rolls: Planning a special dinner or holiday feast? These tender and buttery dinner rolls baked in your bread machine will elevate any meal.
- Bread Machine Brioche: The soft, slightly sweet bread with its delicate crumb is perfect for French toast, sandwiches, or enjoying on its own as a heavenly treat.
- Bread Machine Burger Buns: These soft and fluffy buns will make your burgers shine, offering the perfect vessel for all your favorite toppings and condiments.
Bread Machine Garlic Bread
- Bread Machine
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- Place the water in the bottom of your bread machine. Add the flour, honey, yeast, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Process on the dough cycle according to your manufacturer's instructions.
Putting it Together and Baking
- Brush a 9” springform pan with butter.
- Transfer the dough to a flour surface and roll the dough into a 16” log.
- Cut the log crosswise into 16 pieces.
- Roll the pieces into balls.
- In a shallow bowl combine the butter, garlic, salt, garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
- Dip the balls into the butter and then arrange in the prepared pan.
- Drizzle any remaining butter on top. Allow to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top and between the rolls and allow to rise for another 60 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Brush with the egg. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then serve warm.