This Zucchini Chicken Alfredo is a delicious low-carb option to traditional pasta. Keto Friendly with the use of heavy cream or use my quinoa cream recipe for a lower fat alternative. This is one you will want to put in your weekly rotation.
Zucchini Chicken Alfredo
If you love Chicken Alfredo as much as I do, you are going to want to give this Zucchini Noodle Alfredo a try!
I've mentioned a couple of times this year that I have been going through phases where I watch my carbs.
It isn't that I think that carbs are bad for everyone. It is just that they are a major trigger for me and I have a bad habit of overeating them. I can pass on sweets all day long, but leave me at home with an open bag of chips I love, and bad things will happen.
(And chances are that one of those things is that my boys will not be happy with me because I ate "their" chips. All of them.)
This is why I pretty much forbid the chips that I love from coming into the house.
No. Self. Control.
I know at least some of you are right there with me.
For me, a diet higher in healthy fats, moderate in protein and a touch lower in carbs that I am less hungry and my blood sugar is much more even.
Vegetables are now taking center stage on my plate Because even if I can go without other carbs, I will never, ever, give up my veggies.
Zucchini Noodles as a Pasta Substitute?
The good news is that when recipes taste as good as this Zucchini Pasta with Chicken, I am finding that I am really not missing my high carb diet. (That is something I thought I would never say.)
My Spiralizer and I have become great friends, and I can't believe how much I have grown to love zucchini noodles.
The first time I had them, I thought they were great, but that I could never really use them as a pasta substitute.
Over time, I've grown to adore them! The key is to salt them to get them to release their moisture so that your sauce doesn't end up watered down. Also - make sure you only cook them for a minute or two.
If you give this Chicken Zucchini Noodle Alfredo a try I would love to know what you think!
Variations for Zucchini Noddle Alfredo
- Instead of an Alfredo Sauce, toss the chicken and Zucchini Noodles with prepared pesto for a quick and easy meal.
- Instead of salting and warming the noodles, you can bake them. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes in a 250-degree oven.
Tips for Making Chicken Alfredo with Zucchini Noodles
- Don't skip salting the Zucchini Noodles - this helps to keep them crunchy when cooking. You may salt them up to a day ahead of time if you like.
- A reader suggested drying the zucchini noodles in a salad spinner. I tried it, and it works like a charm!
- If you don't have a spiralizer or are short on time, you can often find zucchini noodles in the produce section. Alternatively, you can also find them in the freezer section.
- I don't find that leftovers of this dish reheat well as the zucchini noodles get limp. I would saute the zucchini separately if you think you will have leftovers.
Frequently Asked Questions for Zucchini Chicken Alfredo:
Do You Have to Have a Spiralizer to Make Zucchini Noodles?
No! While it is convenient, it is not necessary. You can use a vegetable peeler or julienne slicer to make zucchini noodles. For an even easier option, you can purchase zucchini noodles.
Can You Make Zucchini Noodles Ahead of Time?
Yes! You can make the noodles and store them for up to 5 days. Wrap them in a paper towel and place them in a plastic bag for best results.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualified purchases.
Tools for Making Zucchini Alfredo
How to Make Zucchini Chicken Alfredo
- Salt the Zucchini Place spiralized zucchini in a colander and place the colander over a bowl. Sprinkle the zucchini well with salt. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat Oil While the zucchini is resting, heat avocado oil in a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Season Sprinkle the chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook Chicken Add the chicken to the skillet, and cook over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Chop Remove from skillet. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, and then chop.
- Melt Butter Reduce heat to medium. Add butter to the skillet. When the butter is melted, scrape up the browned bits.
- Add Cream Add heavy cream and bring to a boil whisking constantly. Reduce het to medium low. (Tip: If you want a thicker sauce, whisk in a 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum.)
- Add garlic and Parmesan Add garlic and Parmesan. Cook until the Parmesan is melted.
- Mix and Heat Thru Stir in chopped chicken, zucchini noodles, and parsley. Cook for 2 more minutes, until warmed through.
Low Carb Recipes You May Also Like:
- Avocado Pesto Chicken Salad Wraps
- Spanish Beef & Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- Avocado Fries & Dipping Sauce
- Bacon Guacamole Stuffed Mini-Peppers
- Spanish Cauliflower Rice
- Keto Chicken Alfredo
Zucchini Chicken Alfredo
Chicken Zucchini Noodle Alfredo
- Large Skillet
- 3 small zucchini cut lengthwise with a vegetable peeler or spiraled
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted grass-fed butter
- 3/4 cup quinoa cream or organic heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Place sliced zucchini in a colander and place the colander over a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat avocado oil to medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Place chicken on a plate and sprinkle on both sides with Italian seasoning, sea salt, and cayenne pepper. Add chicken to skillet, and cook over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes per side. Remove from skillet.
- Allow to cool and then chop.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter to the skillet and when it is melted scrape up the browned bits.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add garlic and Parmesan and cook until the Parmesan is melted.
- Stir in chopped chicken, zucchini noodles, and parsley and cook for 2 more minutes, until warmed through.