These Bacon Guacamole Stuffed Mini Peppers make a fabulous appetizer or snack!
I love cheese as much as anyone, but sometimes I feel like I need a break.
Although I only buy organic, too much of anything isn't good.
And trust me, there are times when I go on a major cheese overload.
Last week, I found a bag of organic mini-peppers at the grocery store and couldn't resist picking them up. I had no idea what I was going to do with them.
When the weekend rolled around, I wasn't feeling the cheese but had avocados staring at me that were on the brink of finding a home in the trash can.
As much as I love avocados, it is a constant battle to use them up before they go bad because my husband has a habit of buying ten at once, regardless of how many times I tell him to just get a couple.
I also had a ridiculous amount of turkey bacon, thanks to a Costco run he went on.
The idea of using the combo to stuff the peppers with came to me, and these Bacon Guacamole Stuffed Mini-Peppers were born.
I've got to say - I'm in love.
These stuffed peppers are a great appetizer, but I made lunch with them and had the leftovers as snacks.
Since avocado doesn't last long, they are best made the day you plan on eating them. Trust me; there won't be leftovers the next day if your husband loves them as much as mine did.
Bacon Guacamole Stuffed Mini-Peppers
- 6 ounces bacon I used turkey
- 12 ounces mini peppers halved and seeded
- 1 avocado halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- For garnish: Cilantro Yogurt or Sour Cream (dairy or non-dairy)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cook bacon until crispy, flipping after about 10 minutes. (Time will depend on the bacon used.)
- Remove bacon from the oven. Allow to cool and then crumble.
- Place peppers sliced side down on the baking sheet. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until tender.
- While the peppers are cooking, add avocado and lime juice to a medium bowl and mash with a fork.
- Stir in cilantro, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir in 3/4 of the crumbled bacon.
- Allow the peppers to cool slightly and then fill with guacamole. Top with remaining bacon and then garnish with cilantro and a yogurt drizzle.
If You Like This Bacon Guacamole Stuffed Mini-Peppers You May Also Like: