If you are looking for a healthy breakfast or snack that feels indulgent, give this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie without banana a try! This recipe will make you feel like you are indulging, minus the guilt. With creamy peanut butter, tangy yogurt, cocoa powder and ground flax seeds, this is a drink you can feel good about serving. Gluten Free and easily made vegan with the use of almond milk and coconut yogurt.
I get up very early most days, usually by 4 am.
I've always been one to wake up hungry, so usually by 5 am I've had my coffee and breakfast.
This means that by 10:30, I am usually ready to eat again. It always feels too early for lunch, so a smoothie is often my go-to snack/second breakfast.
(My other go-to: hummus and carrot chips.)
One of my favorite smoothies is this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie.
Who can resist the classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter?
I love eating peanut butter by the spoonful, but sometimes it can be hard to stop. This smoothie is the perfect way to get both my peanut butter fix and my chocolate fix in without blowing my diet.
Chocolate + Peanut Butter + No Guilt = Happy Wendy
I've made this recipe without banana, but feel free to throw one in if the urge strikes you.
(One of my boys won't eat bananas, so it is just easier to leave it out.)
I often double this recipe, and we have smoothies all around!
It is a perfect mid-morning snack for the boys because as you know, teen and tween boys are always hungry. ALWAYS.
Hungry boys tend to give their Mom a lot of grief during homeschooling, so I rely on easy snacks to keep us all going strong.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Recommended Tools to Make This Recipe:
- Boost your energy levels with the addition of Maca Powder
- Boost the antioxidants by adding Cacao Nibs, for garnish
- Turn this into a Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie, buy adding in a scoop of Protein Powder
- Get your green on with Barleans Chocolate Greens. They are one of the best ways I've found to get more greens in the kids without them acting like I am making them walk over hot coals.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Without Banana
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds ground
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt dairy or non-dairy
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup of ice to taste
- Sweetener to taste (optional) - I use Swerve
- Add milk, flax seeds, cocoa powder, vanilla yogurt and peanut butter to your blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Add ice and sweetener to taste and process again. Serve immediately.
- Try adding in a frozen banana or a cup of frozen strawberries.
- I've made this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie with cocoa powder, but you could also use 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup.
- If you would like to reduce the fat, make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie with PB2. I would use 2 tablespoons.