Imagine starting your day with a creamy, refreshing Apple Banana Smoothie —it's easier than you think! With just a handful of ingredients and your trusty blender, you'll be sipping on this wholesome delight in no time. Let me guide you through the simple steps to blend your way to smoothie perfection.
There's nothing quite like the blend of fresh fruits and creamy textures to kickstart your day or refresh your afternoons.
This Apple Banana Smoothie recipe is as delicious as it is nutritious.
Follow along, and I’ll show you just how easy it is.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Milk: Whether you're a fan of oat milk's creamy texture, love the nutty flavor of almond milk, or prefer classic dairy milk, any of these options will work wonderfully in this smoothie. Coconut milk is also a great option.
- Plain Greek Yogurt: This is the secret to our smoothie's dreamy creaminess! If you're vegan or lactose intolerant, many non-dairy alternatives are available. Soy or coconut-based yogurts can make excellent substitutes.
- Banana: If bananas aren't your thing, you could try substituting them with frozen mango or even avocado for an equally creamy texture.
- Apple: This recipe uses a large, peeled, and cored apple. If your apples are small, feel free to use two. Different apple varieties can subtly change the flavor of your smoothie, so have fun trying out different types—Fuji, Granny Smith, or Golden Delicious, anyone?
- Honey: If you're vegan, agave nectar or maple syrup can be excellent substitutes. Alternatively, you might consider a natural sweetener like stevia for a lower-calorie option.
- Vanilla Extract: If you're out of vanilla extract, you could substitute it with almond extract or even a scoop of vanilla protein powder for a nutritional boost.
- Cinnamon: You could experiment with other spices too—how about a pinch of nutmeg or a dash of cardamom for an exotic twist?
Step by Step
For the full recipe for banana apple smoothie with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Apple Banana Smoothie
- Chill The Ingredients: Want your smoothie to be refreshingly cold without watering it down with too much ice? The trick is to chill your ingredients beforehand. Pop your apple and banana slices in the freezer for a bit before blending, and make sure your milk and yogurt are straight from the fridge. (I keep frozen banana in my freezer for smoothies.) You'll get a frosty smoothie that's full of flavor!
- Cut the Fruit into Small Pieces: Make your blender's job easier and ensure a smoother blend by cutting your fruits into small pieces before adding them to the blender.
- Add Ice Last: Remember to add ice last, after all your other ingredients are well-blended.
- Consider Ad Ins: You can top your smoothie with granola, hemp seeds, flax seeds, or chia seeds for extra texture and nutritions. Almond butter, peanut butter or even cashew butter are also great options. Nut butters are also a great way to add protein.
How to Store Your Smoothie
- In the Fridge: If you have leftover smoothie, you can store it in an airtight container or mason jar in the fridge. It should keep well for up to 24 hours.
- In the Freezer: You can also freeze your smoothie for later use. Pour your smoothie into an ice cube tray and freeze until solid. Then, transfer the cubes to a freezer-safe container or bag. When you're ready for a smoothie, simply blend the frozen cubes with a little milk or water. You can also use the cubes to make healthy smoothie bowls.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales
More Smoothie Recipes to Try
- For those who love a tangy twist, our Raspberry Smoothie is a delightful way to start your day, packed with vibrant flavors and wholesome goodness.
- If you're looking for a tropical treat, the Cherry Mango Smoothie is a family favorite in my home, with its sweet, sun-kissed flavors whisking you away to an island paradise with every sip.
- For a refreshingly crisp and light option, our Cucumber Apple Smoothie is a unique blend that's perfect for a hot summer day or as a post-workout pick-me-up.
- Lastly, our Blueberry Banana Smoothie is a classic combination that never disappoints, with its creamy texture and antioxidant-rich blueberries making it a nutritious and delicious choice for everyone in the family.
Creamy Apple Banana Smoothie
- 1 ½ cups milk of choice oat, nut, or dairy
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 banana frozen and sliced
- 1 large apple peeled and cored (2 if they are small)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Add the milk, yogurt, banana, apple, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon to your blender.
- Process for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides as necessary.