This Coconut Chicken with Pineapple Fried Quinoa will knock your socks off! It is hard to believe something so delicious is a healthy gluten free meal.
It seems so cliche to say, but man is this summer flying by. We are going to blink and it is going to be July!
I’ve been enjoying the kids and working on some new projects. One of them is getting all of my ebooks up on the website and available for sale. There are seven of them if you can believe it – and none of them can be found on the website presently.
In the last couple of weeks, I’ve been busy in the kitchen and have about twelve new recipes that I’m happy with ready to share. I also have some DIY home and beauty projects I’ll be sharing in the coming weeks.
I’ve pretty much been living in the kitchen while Skye naps, with the boys playing Lego’s or Minecraft nearby.
It is recipes like today’s Coconut Chicken with Pineapple Fried Quinoa that make it worth it.
It is not often that I tell you that you MUST try something, but you really should try this one if you like coconut and pineapple. I never test a recipe that I don’t think will be good, but this recipe blew me away.
I would recommend substituting thinly sliced tempeh and a flax egg for a vegetarian and vegan option. I’ve breaded tempeh before many times, and though it isn’t quite as easy as chicken to get the breading to stick, it works!
Coconut Chicken with Pineapple Fried Quinoa
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder organic cornstarch works too
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 large egg or 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 2 tablespoons gluten free chili sauce
- 3 cups cooked quinoa room temperature or cold
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro divided
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- Sriracha for serving
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl combine arrowroot powder and jerk seasoning. Place egg in another shallow dish. In a third dish, combine coconut and bread crumbs.
- Pound chicken thin and dredge in arrowroot mixture. Dip in egg and then dredge in coconut quinoa mixture.
- Heat oil to medium in a large ovenproof skillet. Cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden. Transfer to oven and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, Make Quinoa by heating coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pineapple, onion, and chili-garlic sauce. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add quinoa, red pepper, 1/4 cup cilantro, lime zest, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking. Make a well in the middle of the quinoa and add eggs. Cook until scrambled and then stir into quinoa.
- To serve, slice the chicken and serve on top of the quinoa.
What have you been up to this summer?