I think most every cook has their go-to dishes. The ones that you make over and over again when you are craving a delicious meal that you know will be good.
For the past several years, this Creamy Roasted Garlic Sausage Pasta has been one of my most frequently made recipes.
I never gave any thought about the fact that I’d never shared it on the blog until someone asked me for the recipe and I realized that I’d never written it down. It was just one of those “in my head” things.
I probably have a half a dozen recipes like that – ones I make all the time but haven’t shared.
It is time to change that, don’t you think?
This Creamy Roasted Garlic Sausage Pasta can be just as indulgent as you like. You can make it with heavy cream, half-and-half or Whole Milk, but I typically make it with my quinoa cream. Feel free to play with the amount of cheese, and even switch up the cheeses that you use.
One thing that I never change is that I always make it with Aidells® Sausage.
Their sausages are gluten free, with no nitrites or added hormones. Each sausage is made with naturally smoked, all-natural chicken, real fruits and vegetables, herbs and spices. Crafted with real, hand-picked ingredients and hand-crafted in small batches, they are perfect for a quick meal because they are ready in just 8 to 10 minutes.
When I’m not in the mood to make a recipe like this one, I often make a meal out of grilled Aidells Sausage and vegetables.
You’ll notice that I use wine in this recipe. I love cooking with wine because since the bottle is open, it is a great excuse to have a glass.
As if I need an excuse!!!
I picked up Cupcake® Wines at the grocery store. It makes any occasion delicious. It is luscious, creamy, silky, and complex. Perfect for celebrating the good things in life and savoring your summer.
What are your go-to dishes? How do you savor your summer?
Creamy Roasted Garlic Sausage Pasta
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 package Aidells® Sausage
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 heads roasted garlic *see note
- 1/4 cup white wine like Cupcake®
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half or quinoa cream
- 8 ounces Gruyere Cheese shredded (divided)
- 4 ounces Parmesan Cheese shredded (divided)
- 3 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 12 ounces gluten free fettuccine cooked according to package directions
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until browned. Remove from skillet. Add tomatoes and cook for three minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 more seconds. Deglaze the pan by adding the wine and scraping up the browned bits. Reduce the heat to medium-low and then add the cream. Cook over medium-low heat for 4 minutes, stirring often. Add 6 ounces Gruyere, 3 ounces Parmesan, goat cheese, salt, and pepper. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Stir in cooked pasta and sausage. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and serve warm.
- To make ahead, transfer to a casserole dish and top with cheese. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30 minutes.
Recipe NotesI always keep roasted garlic in my freezer so that I have it on hand for dishes like this one. If you don't have time to roast the garlic, feel free to substitute 1 - 2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Aidells® & The Wine Group. The opinions and text are all mine.