Face scrubs are a great way to exfoliate your skin and get rid of any dead skin cells. This Homemade Face Scrub for Glowing Skin will leave your skin looking bright and fresh. With just three ingredients, it is easy to make and economical.
Have you ever made a Homemade Face Scrub?
It sounds like it could be complicated and that it would be easier just to use a purchased scrub.
In reality, it is SO EASY (5 minutes, tops!), economical, and works so well!
If I want my skin to look its best, I have to pay particular attention to exfoliation. My skin tends to look dull, and even as I get older, I am prone to congested pores.
Since my skin is also sensitive, I need something gentle enough that I can use daily without irritating.
This post contains affiliate links; I only link to products I use and love.
Enter this super-easy-to-make scrub made with just three ingredients: oatmeal, powdered coconut milk, and essential oils! (You can use regular powdered milk too.)
I used one of my favorite essential oil blends: Soft Skin.
Soft Skin is a blend of Lavender, Frankincense Serrata, Lemon, Petitgrain, Coriander, Turmeric, and Rose Absolute.
It is perfect for "mature" skin like mine, helping to counteract dryness and preventing the look of fine lines. I use the roller bottle daily around my eyes twice a day and can already tell a difference after a few weeks!
Before I had Soft Skin, I made this DIY Exfoliating Face Scrub with Lavender and Clary Sage and loved that too.
Since this exfoliating scrub is so economical to make, I also like to use it on my body. Just make sure that you grind the oatmeal really fine if you plan on using it in the shower or it can leave a big mess.
Use this face scrub 2-3 times a week for best results!
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a great natural exfoliant that forms the base of this scrub. It helps to open up the pores, remove toxins, allow the milk to nourish the skin and the essential oils to facilitate their therapeutic and restorative effects.
- Powdered Milk - Either dairy or coconut works well. The lactic acid in dairy milk acts as a natural exfoliant while the fatty acids in coconut milk nourish and hydrate the skin.
- Essential Oils: You can choose any essential oil or combination of oils that you like. Some good options for face scrubs include Lavender, Clary Sage, Frankincense Serrata, Carrot, Lemon, Petitgrain, Coriander, Turmeric, and Rose Absolute.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to use a fine powder for the milk. Otherwise, it will be too abrasive on the skin. If you feel yours is too coarse, give it a whirl in the blender or food processor.
- Add the essential oils slowly and mix well after each addition to make sure they are evenly distributed throughout the scrub.
- To use, wet your face with warm water and massage the scrub gently into your skin in a circular motion. Rinse well with warm water and pat dry. Follow up with your favorite moisturizer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I use this face scrub?
This face scrub can be used 2-3 times a week.
I have sensitive skin. Is this scrub still suitable for me?
If you have sensitive skin, you may want to start with just 1 teaspoon of oatmeal and increase gradually as needed. You can also add more essential oils to help soothe and calm the skin.
Store in a glass jar or container with a tight-fitting lid. This scrub will last for up to 1 month in the fridge.
Other DIY Beauty Posts You May Like:
Homemade Face Scrub for Glowing Skin
- Blender or Food Processor
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ½ cup powdered coconut milk
- 8 drops essential oils lavender, soft skin, rose, carrot
- Place oatmeal in a food processor or blender and process until finely ground.
- Stir oatmeal and coconut milk together in a small bowl. Add in essential oils and stir to combine.
- Store in a sealed glass jar for up to one month.