This DIY Face Serum is made with essential oils and perfect for dry or aging skin! Get the easy recipe and use this natural face serum at night and you will be surprised at how quickly your skin starts to look better!
Ahh…the fun of aging.
I can remember in my twenties listening to friends who were a couple of decades older complaining.
I thought they were whining.
I suppose I listened sympathetically.
But in my head, I was thinking that there was no way that keeping weight off got that much harder when you got older.
And keeping your skin looking youthful could not possibly be that much work.
As it turns out, the joke was on me.
Getting older, in a lot of ways, really does suck.
As much as my weight is a struggle, so is my skin.
Since we spend seven months of the year at the beach, I am always out in the sun. This, combined with poor sleep habits and frequently forgetting sunscreen has started to take a toll.
I’ve played around with a lot of DIY Face Serums, and this DIY Anti-Aging Face Serum is one that I have become completely obsessed with!
It has three of my favorite essential oils: Frankincense, Lavender, and Helichrysum.
Skin Nourishing Qualities of Essential Oils – What You Will Need to Make This DIY Face Serum
- Frankincense – cicatrisant (cell regenerative for skin), skin healing
- Helichrysum – cicatrisant, skin healing, wound healing (burns)
- Lavender – cicatrisant, skin healing, wound healing (burns)
The Quality of The Essential Oils You Use Matters!
After looking closely at the quality, purity, and ethics of so many companies, I’ve fallen in love with both the company and their oils. They have a large line of organic oils and are serious about safety. Every single batch is tested to ensure purity!
Read my full Plant Therapy Review for why they are my go-to company.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
DIY Face Serum
1/3 ounce Jojoba Oil
1/3 ounce Younger Glo Carrier Oil Blend
1/4 ounce Vitamin E Oil
10 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
8 drops Lavender Essential oil
3 drops Helichrysum Essential Oil
1 fl oz Amber Glass Essential Oil Bottle (with dropper)
Combine all ingredients in a dark glass bottle with a dropper. Shake well to combine. Apply at night after washing. Store in a cool dark place
Other Ways I Use This DIY Anti-Aging Face Serum:
- Once or twice a week, I add a few drops in with my Evening Primrose Body Cream for an extra-nourishing all over body treatment. I can’t tell you how much this has helped my skin!
- I add it to my hand cream every time I think of it!
- This sounds crazy, but I recently had a growth on my chest that was serious enough looking for me (who never goes to the doctor) to make an appointment. While waiting for the appointment, I used this with a few drops of Myrrh added in and the growth immediately began to shrink. (I am not suggesting that essential oils could be a cure for skin cancer, and I am certainly not suggesting you try this instead of going to the doctor. I am merely sharing this in the event that it did play a role and it could help someone out there who also has to wait a month to get into the dermatologist.)