This DIY Honey Face Mask is the perfect way to rejuvenate, protect and moisturize tired skin. With the addition of essential oils, this nutrient-packed DIY mask will leave you glowing.
You know that feeling when you are super-disappointed and feel almost betrayed?
That is how I felt when I discovered that my favorite face mask, though labeled “natural,” was ranked a four on the Environmental Working Group safety scale.
(Most experts recommend that you try to keep your personal care products at a two or less.)
While there are some great safe face masks out there, I’ve been making my own on a regular basis.
Today, I’m sharing my favorite DIY Honey Face Mask.
I’ve used honey for burns, but I was skeptical the first time I tried it in a face mask.
Would it be sticky? Do honey masks really work?
Yes, they do! The first time I used this honey face mask I saw an immediate impact.
You may have asked yourself, is honey good for a face mask? Here is what you need to know.
- 1 What Can Honey Do for Your Skin
- 2 What Can Yogurt Do for Your Skin
- 3 Carrot Seed Oil and Your Skin
- 4 Lavender Essential Oil and Your Skin
- 5 The Quality of The Essential Oils You Use Matters!
- 6 If you like this DIY Honey Face Mask with Essential Oils, you may also like:
- 7 DIY Honey Face Mask
What Can Honey Do for Your Skin
- Humectant – This means that it attracts and retains moisture.
- Nutrient Packed – It contains calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphate, potassium, sodium sulfur, Vitamin C and B vitamins.
- Copper – increases elastin production and works to firm the skin
- Iodine – helps to speed healing
- Zinc- Acts as an astringent
- Antioxidant – Rejuvenates and protects
Let’s take a look at the other ingredients in this DIY Face Mask.
What Can Yogurt Do for Your Skin
- Exfoliation – The Lactic acid in the yogurt exfoliates
- Can help to restore the skin’s balance
Carrot Seed Oil and Your Skin
Carrot Seed Oil is one of the best oils for mature skin. It is rich in Vitamin A. Not only does it work to sooth wrinkles, but it stimulates cell growth, giving skin a more toned and youthful appearance. It is also effective at removing toxins.
Lavender Essential Oil and Your Skin
Lavender Essential Oil is my go-to oil for so many things. It helps to bring the skin back into balance, and helps to even the skin tone. It is equally effective at hydrating dry skin as it is in helping to clear acne.
The Quality of The Essential Oils You Use Matters!
After looking closely at the quality, purity, and ethics of so many companies, I’ve fallen in love with both the company and their oils. They have a large line of organic oils and are serious about safety. Every single batch is tested to ensure purity!
Read my full Plant Therapy Review for why they are my go-to company.
If you like this DIY Honey Face Mask with Essential Oils, you may also like:
- DIY Anti-Aging Face Serum
- Cooling Cucumber Toner
- Honey Coconut Body Scrub
- DIY Purifying Face Mask
- Essential Oils for Lower Back Pain
DIY Honey Face Mask
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
5 drops Carrot Seed essential oil
5 drops Lavender essential oil
Mix ingredients in a small bowl. Apply and leave on for 30 minutes. Rinse well and follow with your favorite moisturizer.
Store unused portions in an sealed oil safe container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
What is your favorite face mask?