This DIY Foot Scrub with soothe your tired feet and leave them feeling smooth and supple. It is an easy way to eliminate rough, calloused skin and comfort dry, cracked feet! It is a the perfect DIY gift for Mother's Day.
I don't know about your feet, but mine take a lot of abuse.
Living in Florida, you will most often find me barefoot, whether I'm running around the house, or chasing Skye on her scooter. If I have shoes on, chances are there are flip flops.
Truth: The only closed-toe shoes I own are my tennis shoes.
Now that spring is here, my feet are taking more abuse than ever thanks to the combination of the rough pool bottom and chlorine.
Clearly, it is time for a little TLC!
I have to admit that as a busy mom, self-care isn't my strongest suit. I am trying to work on it because I realized that I can't be good for my kids if I don't take care of myself.
Sometimes things like taking an extra 5-10 minutes to massage my feet before a shower is all it takes to feel cared for.
Even better? Use this yummy scrub in the tub. With the door locked.
(Of course, it is nice to have someone else do this for you. My boys will offer a foot massage on occasion and I NEVER say no.)
How to Make a DIY Foot Scrub
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Soothe your dry cracked feet with this homemade foot scrub!
- Gather your ingredients
To make this recipe, you will need lavender essential oil (or any essential oil you choose), raw sugar, avocado oil, and lemon juice.
- Combine sugar, oil, and lemon juice.
In a small ceramic or glass bowl, combine the sugar, avocado oil, and lemon juice.
- Add essential oils.
You can use any oil you like! Just make sure it isn't a phototoxic oil!
- Stir to combine.
Adjust to desired texture. Add more sugar for a thicker scrub, or more oil for a thinner scrub.
Variations for this Recipe
- Add in two tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Use brown sugar in place of the raw sugar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and allow to sit like a mask for a few minutes.
- Add 2 teaspoons vitamin E oil
Tips for Using Homemade Foot Scrub
- This scrub can make your floor slippery. Make sure you rinse it off well and be careful not to slip.
- Use leftovers on your knees or elbows to eliminate rough skin.
- Store in the refrigerator and use within three weeks.
- Use this mask at night and apply a heavy lotion afterward. Wear thick socks to bed and wake up to silky smooth feet.
Other Oils to Use in This Recipe:
- Tea Tree
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! I use salt in scrub recipes all the time and it is a great alternative.
Yes, you can use any carrier oil you like!
Try using chamomile oil. It contains substance that increase the lymph system’s ability to flush fluids, help to support a healthy inflammatory response, and helps to combat swelling.
If You Like This DIY Foot Scrub You May Also Like:
- DIY Turmeric Face Mask
- Post Workout Essential Oil Soothing Blend
- Essential Oils for Rosacea
- Healthy Travel Bag Makeover
- DIY Foot Peel
Homemade Foot Scrub for Dry Cracked Feet
DIY Foot Scrub for Dry Cracked Feet
- ½ cup raw organic sugar
- ¼ cup organic avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 30 drops lavender essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, whisking well.
- To use massage on lower legs ankles and feet. Massage in a circular motion.
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe