Ready for a fiesta? Here’s how to make it healthy! This nutritious Fiesta Quinoa Salad is fun, colorful and, most importantly, delicious. The first time I made this my husband was sure he was going to hate it. As it turns out, it is one of his favorite quinoa salad recipes!
Few things make me happier than a healthy recipe that tastes great.
With the holiday weekend coming, I’ve been in such a festive mood.
Fall is my favorite time of year, and even though it doesn’t officially start for a few more weeks, I always go into fall mode after labor day. (Hello pumpkin and butternut squash.)
Just because fall is on the way, doesn’t mean that quinoa salads are out. Far from it!
I think quinoa salad recipes are great year around, don’t you?
This Fiesta Quinoa Salad is an update of recipe I originally developed more than seven years ago. (I can’t believe I’ve been blogging that long.)
My husband is no longer a quinoa fan, thanks to being subjected to way too many recipe trials when I blogged a Cooking Quinoa.
He saw the ingredients for it on the counter and smugly announced “Thank God you got me a steak. There is no way that is going to taste good.”
I can be a little persistent when it comes to getting an opinion on my recipes. And after some gentle requests ***cough***, he took a bite.
I could tell he was conflicted. He didn’t want to tell me he liked it.
But he finally admitted that this Fiesta Quinoa Salad is one of his favorite quinoa salad recipes ever.
It was a great way to say goodbye to summer – even though it still will feel like summer here in Florida for some time to come.
If you like this Fiesta Quinoa Salad You May Also Like:
- Sweet Potato Pomegranate and Crispy Quinoa Salad
- Crunchy Quinoa Salad
- Honey Mustard Quinoa Salad
- Edamame Quinoa Salad
- Mexican Quinoa Salad
Ready for a fiesta? Here’s how to make it healthy! This nutritious Fiesta Quinoa Salad is fun, colorful and, most importantly, delicious. The first time I made this my husband was sure he was going to hate it. As it turns out, it is one of his favorite recipes!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 3 carrots shredded
- 3 scallions chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 tablespoons red onion chopped & divided
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce or gluten free tamari
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon dried chipotle pepper powder or cayenne
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, corn, red pepper, carrots, scallions, cranberries, cilantro and 2 tablespoons of red onion.
- In your blender combine soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, remaining red onion, garlic, smoked paprika and dried chipotle powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper and process until smooth.
- Toss quinoa mixture with the desired amount of dressing. Top with almonds and pumpkin seeds
Give it a try and let me know what you think!