This Goat Cheese & Gruyere Fondue is a wonderful way to indulge in a special evening! Easy to make and so delicious!
This time of year, I sometimes feel like we get so focused on the big events that we forget to enjoy every day. With an ever-growing to-do list, it is sometimes hard to remember to slow down.
Although I'm not perfect, as I've gotten older I have gotten better at taking time out to enjoy the day-to-day.
The truth is, it doesn’t take much to elevate an evening from ordinary to special.
With three kids, getting out for adult time can be a challenge. A certain Princess doesn’t like it when Mom and Dad leave her with a stranger. Although I was babysitting by the time I was Alex’s age (he’ll be 12 this month), I am not ready to leave her with the boys. Though they are amazing with her, the world is a different place than it was in the 80's and I'm just not there yet.
So, date night at home it is!
Even Wednesday night can be glorious with a little bit of planning.
Sparkling wine makes any evening special, don’t you agree?
If you’ve never made fondue with sparkling wine before, you are in for a treat.
As corny as it may sound, I’m a bit of a fondue expert.
I’ve been making it for family and friends for more than 25 years. I’ve got to say, this Goat Cheese & Gruyere Fondue is one of my favorites.
Gruyere Fondue Recipe
Goat Cheese & Gruyere Fondue
- ¼ cup fresh chives chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup sparkling wine
- 8 ounces Gruyere cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- For Dipping: Bread Cubes Broccoli, Grape Tomatoes, Cauliflower, Sliced Green Apples
- In a small bowl, combine chives, parsley and garlic. Set aside.
- Add sparkling wine to your fondue pot. (You can also use a saucepan.) Heat over medium heat until steaming.
- Toss shredded Gruyere cheese with with cornstarch in a small bowl. Add Gruyere and Goat Cheese to the pot and cook over medium low heat, stirring often. With the cheese is melted and smooth, reduce heat to low and stir in lemon juice, black pepper and herb mixture. Sever warm with desired dippers.