If you are looking for a wholesome snack on the go, give this Homemade Granola Bar Recipe a try! These portable granola bars are the perfect way to fuel your family adventures.
This is a sponsored post brought to you by The Kraft Heinz Company. All opinions are my own.
Now that summer is in full swing my calendar is quickly filling up.
Unlike other times of the year, when it seems there are always a lot of things I have to do, summer brings a lot of things I want to do.
In the next month, we have hikes planned, a beach trip AND a road trip.
I love the chance to create memories with my family! I know it sounds cliché, but not a day goes by that I don't realize how quickly the kids are growing up.
It seems like yesterday I was announcing to you guys that I was pregnant.
Can you believe Skye is five and will be starting Kindergarten this year?
And don't even get me started on the boys.
As hard as it is for me to believe that Skye is five, it is equally hard for me to think that I am the mother of a teen. (And one that will be turning thirteen next year.)
One thing I've learned as a mom is that keeping everyone well-fed is one of the most important things I can do to ensure that our family memories are good ones. No one is at their best when they are hungry!
On-the-go snacks are a must when we are adventuring.
Of course, not any snack will do. I always try to make sure I have protein-packed snacks on hand that give everyone the energy they need to last from sun up to sun down.
These Homemade Granola Bars are just the kind of snack I pack!
Thanks to Planters Cashew Halves & Pieces, these Cashew Granola Bars pack all the protein we need to keep our energy up for hikes, beach days, and road trips.
Nuts have always been my go-to snack because I feel so much better when I have adequate protein in my diet. Planters Cashew Halves & Pieces are the perfect on the go snack.
I picked them, along with all the other ingredients for these Homemade Granola Bars, up at Publix.
Publix has been my go-to grocery store since childhood. (In my opinion, they have the best service around.) They make it easy to Go Places and create memories with friends and family with on-the-go snacks.
To create everyday celebrations, visit YourRecipeForHappiness.com
Right now, you can enter for a chance to win one of five (5) $100 Publix gift cards.
Homemade Granola Bar Recipe
Homemade Granola Bar Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup Planters Cashew Halves & Pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt add an additional 1/2 teaspoon for salty bars
- 3/4 cup honey or brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line a 13 x 9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cashews, cherries, sunflower seeds, brown rice cereal, and sea salt.
- In a medium saucepan, combine honey or brown rice syrup, almond butter, and vanilla extract.
- Heat until melted, stirring often.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and stir well.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Cut into bars. Allow to cool for another hour and then remove from pan using the parchment paper.
- Re-cut and store in a sealed container for up to a week.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Publix.