These Quinoa Granola Bars make a delicious, healthy snack that you can feel good about serving your family! Gluten Free and Vegan.
Confession: I have a serious snacking habit.
Most days, my diet is spot on early.
I am even prone to eating a salad for breakfast.
Lunch is very often a protein shake, hummus, and carrot chips.
The challenge is that I get up around 4 am, and so breakfast is usually by 6 am, and lunch by 11 am. This means by early afternoon, the munchies set in.
Sometimes it isn’t even that I’m hungry. In fact, I’ve noticed that mindless snacking is something I do when I’m feeling fatigued and procrastinating work or cleaning.
I’ve been working to end the mindless factor – which almost always leads to overeating and/or eating things that do nothing to help my energy level. (Looking at you box of crackers.)
These Quinoa Granola Bars are the perfect solution! Packed with nutrition from quinoa flakes, oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut, these granola bars are just what I need to power through an afternoon slump. They taste deliciously indulgent, without weighing me down.
If You Like These Quinoa Granola Bars You May Also Like:
- Quinoa Baked Zucchini Chips with Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- Spicy Roasted Cajun Chickpeas
- Crispy Quinoa & Cashew Chocolate Clusters
- Chocolate Chip Quinoa Energy Bars
Place oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with parchment, allowing the parchment to hang over the edges of the pan. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine maple syrup, sugar and sea salt. Whisk in coconut oil.
- In a food processor, process 1/2 cup of the quinoa flakes until finely ground, about 45 seconds. Transfer to the bowl with the maple syrup and add in remaining quinoa flakes, oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and spread in an even layer. Spray a large metal spatula with oil and compress the mixture. Bake for 25 minutes and then rotate the pan. Bake for an additional 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Let bars cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then cut into 16 bars. (While still in the pan.) Let cool for 1 hour and using parchment, life bars from a pan onto a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to re-cut bars following original cuts.
Adapted from the How Can it Be Gluten Free Cookbook
WW Pts 6 Note: Omitting the salt reduces the sodium to 3g