Grilled asparagus is always a good idea, and this Ninja Foodi Grill Asparagus is so easy to make. In the time it takes your meat to rest, you have an easy side dish that is full of flavor. Don't skip the squeeze of lemon at the end! It takes flavors to the next level.
There is something special about lightly charred asparagus, don't you think?
This Ninja Foodi Grill Asparagus let you enjoy the magic of grilled asparagus without having to spend a bunch of time preheating the grill or even leaving the comfort of your kitchen.
Easy grilling doesn't get much better!
Give it a try, and I think you will agree - grilled asparagus in the ninja foodi deserves to become a habit.
Ingredients for Making Asparagus Ninja Foodi Grill
- Asparagus: Trim the woody part from the bottom of the asparagus.
- Oil: I used avocado oil but any high heat oil works to cook asparagus. Light olive oil is fine, but I do not recommend extra virgin olive oil.
- Seasonings: Adjust the amount to your personal preference.
- Parmesan: Freshly grated parmesan is best.
- Lemon: I recommend fresh lemon, but a splash of bottled lemon juice will work in a pinch.
Tips & Tricks
- Fresh asparagus was once available only in the spring, but now you can find it in most locations throughout the year.
- When buying asparagus, look for spears with the top tightly closed. Thinner spears are easy to overcook, so opt for thigh spears - at least ½ -inch - If you can find them. If you are preparing asparagus that is especially thin, keep a very close eye on it. The intense heat can cause it to shrivel.
- Store asparagus in the refrigerator in a glass or jar that has about an inch of water in it. Trim the ends as you would flowers, and then cover the top of the asparagus with plastic wrap or a plastic baggie. This will even perk up limp asparagus!
This simple side goes with so many things! Try it with Ninja Foodi Grill Steak, Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets, or Gluten-Free Meatballs. (If you are going with the steak or chicken recipe, this easy side will cook in the time that your meat rests!)
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! The only part of the asparagus that you need to trim is the ends, which can get woody.
Yes! Cook in the air fryer at 390 degrees for 5 to 9 minutes or to the desired doneness.
After washing your asparagus, take one stalk from the bunch. Bend it at the thicker end until it snaps. Use that as a guide to trim the rest of the bunch.
Raise your hand if you've ever set off your smoke detectors while trying to create the char you get from outdoor grilling inside. I know I have! The Foodi Grill comes with a unique system to control the smoke.
The temperature-controlled grill grate, splatter shield, and cool-air zone work together to reduce the amount of smoke and keep your kitchen almost smoke-free.
Of course, if you have too much fat at too high of a heat, it can cause smoke. For this reason, I recommend adding oil directly to the food (in this case, asparagus stalks) and not the grill pan itself.
Tools Needed to Make Asparagus in the Ninja Foodi Grill
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualified sales.
Keep leftovers of this Ninja Foodi Asparagus in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat them on your foodi grill or serve them cold in a salad.
How to Make This Ninja Foodi Grill Asparagus Recipe
Start by preheating the grill to MAX.
Wash your asparagus and trim the bottoms.
Place the asparagus in a large bowl and toss with the avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
When the grill is preheated, arrange the asparagus in a single layer on the grill grate.
Cook for 5 to 7 minutes to the desired doneness. (I like mine fork-tender.) If you like, you can flip the asparagus halfway through.
Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Don't miss my Ninja Foodi Grilled Asparagus Web Story.
Fun Tip: Did you know that asparagus is great when you are feeling bloated? It has a natural diuretic effect that helps to flush water out of the body.
Ninja Foodi Grill Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or other high heat oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ lemon juiced
- Set your Ninja Grill to GRILL/MAX and close the lid to preheat.
- Place the asparagus in a large bowl and toss with the avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Once the grill is preheated, arrange the asparagus in a single layer.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, to desired doneness.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with the cheese. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.