There's nothing quite like biting into a juicy, flavorful burger hot off the grill. But what if we told you that you could make that same delicious burger using your Ninja Foodi Grill? That's right, we've got a recipe that will show you how to make the perfect burger using your favorite kitchen appliance. Not only is it quick and easy, but it's also packed with flavor and texture that'll have you coming back for more. Get ready to elevate your burger game and impress your guests with this Ninja Foodi Grill burger recipe!
If you're looking for a way to step up your burger game, look no further than the Ninja Foodi Grill. This versatile kitchen gadget is perfect for achieving that juicy, flame-grilled flavor that we all love from traditional grilling.
The best part?
You can use it from the comforts of your home, which means you can enjoy delicious burgers any time of year, rain or shine.
When it comes to making burgers on the Ninja Foodi Grill, the possibilities are endless.
From classic beef burgers to creative vegetarian options, you can get as creative as you want with your ingredients. Not only is the Ninja Foodi Grill perfect for cooking up juicy burgers, but it's also incredibly easy to use. All you need is your favorite ingredients, a few simple tools, and of course, your trusty grill.
In this blog post, we'll share our favorite recipe for making the perfect Ninja Foodi Grill hamburgers. We'll cover everything from choosing the right meat to seasoning your patties for maximum flavor.
We'll also share some tips and tricks for creating the perfect grill marks, getting your burgers just the right level of doneness, and more.
Get ready to take your burger game to the next level with Ninja Grill burgers!
- Ground Beef: In my experience, burgers are best when made from 80/20 ground beef rather than a leaner cut.
- Salt: Use a teaspoon of sea salt or kosher salt per pound of meat.
- Black Pepper: Freshly ground black pepper will add the most flavor.
- Onion: I like red onion on Ninja Grill hamburgers, but you can use white or yellow onion if you prefer.
- Cheese: Cheese slices make this super easy, or you can slice your own. Omit the cheese to keep this recipe dairy free.
Step by Step
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Tips & Tricks
- Watch the Cheese: Some models of the Ninja Foodi Grill can blow the cheese off the burgers. I have found this to be worse when they are positioned toward the back side of the grill. (I have two Foodi Grills, and only one of them does this.) If your Foodi has this issue, simply add the cheese, close the lid, and turn it off. There should be enough heat to melt the cheese within 5 minutes.
- Choose the right meat: For the juiciest burgers, it's best to use ground beef that's at least 80% lean. This will ensure that your burgers have enough fat content to stay moist and flavorful during cooking.
- Season your patties: Don't be afraid to get creative with your seasonings! Whether you prefer a classic salt and pepper blend or something more adventurous like garlic powder and smoked paprika, seasoning your patties will help bring out their natural flavors.
- Create perfect grill marks: To achieve those classic grill marks on your burgers, preheat the Ninja Foodi Grill on high until the unit says it is preheated. Then, place your patties on the grill and let them cook for 6 minutes before flipping them over and repeating on the other side.
- Get your burgers to the right level of doneness: The Ninja Foodi Grill is great at cooking burgers to perfection, but it's important to use a meat thermometer to ensure that your burgers are cooked to the appropriate temperature. For medium-rare burgers, aim for an internal temperature of 130-135°F. For medium burgers, aim for 135-145°F. And for well-done burgers, aim for 160°F or higher. The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your cheeseburgers and how cold your meat is.
- Let your burgers rest: Once your burgers are done cooking, resist the urge to dig in right away. Instead, let them rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute and keep your burgers moist and flavorful.
- Experiment with toppings: Don't be afraid to get creative with your burger toppings! Whether you prefer classic options like lettuce, tomato, pickles, and cheese or more unique ingredients like bacon, caramelized onions or avocado, adding toppings and condiments can take your burger to the next level.
For the perfect bun, don't miss my bread machine hamburger buns.
How long do you cook hamburgers on the Ninja Foodi grill?
It takes about 8 minutes to cook a burger all the way through on the Ninja grill. The time will vary depending on the thickness of your patties and how cold your meat is, so it is best to use an instant-read meat thermometer to ensure your meat has the perfect cook.
Can I make this using my Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker?
Yes, if you don't have a Foodi Grill, you can use your Ninja multi-cooker on the air crisp function to make this recipe. Simply air fry at 475° F and follow the recipe as written.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
More Ninja Foodi Grill Recipes to Try
- Keep this Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken Wings recipe in your back pocket so that you can enjoy delicious grilled wings throughout the year.
- No more boring chicken dinners! Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken Breast is succulent, juicy, and so full of flavor.
- Your family will beg you to make Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken Thighs again and again.
- Mix up taco night with these Street Steak Tacos. The meat is perfectly tender cooked on your Foodi Grill.
Ninja Foodi Grill Burger
- 2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 thick slices red onion
- 6 slices cheddar or American cheese
- For serving: burger buns lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise.
- Place the meat in a bowl and season it with salt and pepper. If you have time, let the meat sit at room temperature for an hour, or refrigerate overnight.
- Handling the meat as little as possible, shape the beef into 6 burgers, about 1” thick. Use your thumb to put a small dent in the center of each patty.
- Place the grill grate into the grill and preheat it to HI. Set the timer for 18 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the onion to a plate and add the burger patties to the Foodi Grill.
- Cook for 6 minutes, and flip. Add the sliced cheese, and cook for another 2 minutes, or until the burgers are cook through.
- Layer the burgers and onions on the buns, and serve with your desired toppings.