This Gluten Free Orzo with Artichokes, Sun Dried Tomatoes & Roasted Red Peppers is an easy to make side dish or vegetarian meal.
When I was a small child, my mother had my hair cut in the "Dorthy Hamill haircut."
While Dorthy rocked this haircut, I most certainly did not.
I was so mad when she did it and stayed angry about losing my long locks for quite some time.
Now, as a Mom to a little girl that hates to have her hair washed, I totally get it. She was working and just didn't have the energy to come home and fight with me over washing my hair. Short hair is easier to take care of and quicker to wash.
Skye is SO dramatic about getting her hair washed. She gives a whole new meaning to the term threenager.
It is so bad that I try to do it when the boys are out of the house because they get so worked up when she is that upset. (And of course, I then end up with all three of my kids mad at me.)
Today, hubby took the boys with him to the grocery store while I washed Skye's hair and the first thing I said to him when he got back was "I sure hope you got something stronger than wine."
It was one in the afternoon, and I was only half joking. #TrueStory
So Moms of girls, any tips for getting your little princess over this hurdle? Because I'd sure hate Skye to be holding a grudge about a bad haircut 40 years from now. 🙂
I'll be sitting here wishing I actually drank something stronger than wine eating this Gluten Free Orzo with Artichokes, Sun Dried Tomatoes & Roasted Red Peppers if anyone has any suggestions.
Gluten Free Orzo with Artichokes, Sun Dried Tomatoes & Roasted Red Peppers
Adapted from The Make Ahead Cook
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces gluten free orzo I used DeLallo
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 14.5 ounces quartered artichokes drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes rehydrated and sliced
- 1/3 cup diced roasted red pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 8 minutes. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 more minute. Add orzo and cook for three more minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in broth and wine and bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 12 minutes, until orzo is al dente. Stir in coat cheese and cook for two minutes. Add artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers to the pan and cook until the vegetables are warmed though, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
If You Like This Gluten Free Orzo You May Also Like: