Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is filling and light at the same time. It pairs well with grilled lamb or chicken and also makes a great vegetarian main course. Packed with veggies, this recipe is oh so good for you! This salad is infinitely adaptable, so feel free to use whatever produce you have on hand. To lift up leftovers, add a touch more dressing.
How to Make Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
1. Gather all of your ingredients.
2. Combine quinoa, garbanzo beans, red onion, grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper, olives, cucumber, and dill in a large bowl.
3. Make the dressing by combining olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, Mediterranean seasoning, salt, and pepper in a blender. Process until smooth.
4. Toss the dressing with the salad.
5. If desired, add crumbled feta cheese.
6. Serve at room temperature or chilled. The salad will keep in the fridge for up to four days.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Tools To Make Quinoa Mediterranean Salad:
Frequently Asked Questions
What Should You Serve with this Quinoa Mediterranean Salad Recipe?
- For an extra kick, serve with a dollop of hummus or a drizzle of a Tahini Salad Dressing. If you can find it, gluten-free flatbread is also great here.
- This salad pairs nicely with lamb. These Grilled Lamb Kebabs would be great.
- This salad is great in a gluten-free wrap! I like to spread hummus on the wrap and drizzle with a little extra lemon juice.
Can This Salad Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes! This recipe holds well for three or four days in the refrigerator. I do not recommend freezing it.
Variations for this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Omit the dill and instead use parsley or cilantro.
- For an extra kick of heat, add in 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper to the dressing. (Use more or less to taste. Be careful with this idea if you have kids who don't like heat.)
- For a heartier salad, add in 8 ounces of shredded rotisserie chicken. Vegan? Gardein and Beyond Meat products are great. Or, use organic Tempeh. This looks like a great marinade to try for Tempeh.
- Add 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts.
- Add 1/2 cup pepperoncini.
Tips for Making This Recipe
- This recipe may be made up to four days ahead, making it perfect for meal-prep. I like to freshen up leftovers with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- If you are new to cooking quinoa, check out How to Cook Quinoa for stovetop instructions or How to Cook Quinoa in a Rice Cooker. You can also check out my Instant Pot Quinoa.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is a crave-worthy dish with all the flavors you love - garbanzo beans, red onion, grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper, Kalamata olives, cucumber, dill, and quinoa. This protein-packed salad can be made ahead, making it a great work week lunch or easy dinner. It is gluten-free, vegetarian, and can easily be made vegan.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts quartered
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper diced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata Olives sliced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup dill chopped fine
- feta cheese, for topping optional; use traditional or vegan feta
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, garbanzo beans, red onion, grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper, olives, cucumber, and dill.
- To make the dressing, combine olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, Mediterranean seasoning, salt and pepper in a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Toss dressing with salad. If desired, top with crumbled feta.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.