This Potato Salad with Bacon is a great warm-weather side. It is the perfect potato salad recipe for your next grill out or party!
I think that there are two kinds of cooks: those who go in with a plan and a carefully shopped grocery list and those who just go into the kitchen and wing it.
Although I certainly have the ability to make a meal on the fly, I am most certainly a planner.
That is why I was kind of surprised at myself a few weeks ago when I bought some pretty tomatoes (perfect for this Tomato Salad) and a bag of potatoes with absolutely no idea what I was going to do with them.
It became a challenge to me, to see where my intuitive cooking would take me, and I have to say, it was fun. This is one of my favorite potato salad recipes….EVER. And from a southern girl who has had more than her fair share of potato salad, that is saying a lot!
This is a perfect dish to put on the menu for your July 4th!
Potato Salad with Bacon
- 1 1/4 pounds baby red potatoes
- 4 slices turkey bacon or tempeh bacon
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- Wash potatoes and place in a medium pot. Cover by 2 inches with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat. Remove from skillet. Add oil (unless you used pork bacon in which case it won’t be necessary.) and cook onion for 6 minutes. Add vinegar, chicken broth and honey to the pan. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Stir in mustard, oil, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Slice potatoes and place in a bowl. Pour dressing and toss to coat. Toss with bacon and chives.
If You Like This Potato Salad with Bacon You May Also Like: