Meatballs are my ultimate quick dinner because they are so easy to make ahead and freeze. These Quinoa Meatballs are perfection to me, because they are wholesome, and loved by kids and adults alike. With ingredients that leave you feeling fantastic, this recipe deserves a place in your meal prep rotation.
Quinoa Meatballs are Loved By Toddlers and Adults Alike!
Feeding kids healthy is never easy.
I don’t care how great of a parent you are – if your children are naturally picky, getting them to eat right is a challenge.
I would classify all three of my children as picky, and two of the three are exceptionally picky.
They come by it honestly – because I am pretty picky myself.
Though the years, I’ve learned that sometimes being sneaky is required.
(Especially when you are feeding toddlers and preschoolers!)
These Quinoa Meatballs are sure to bring about dinner bliss because this is a meal that everyone can agree on!
When you are struggling with getting your kids to eat right, a meal without struggle feels like a vacation!
Variations for This Recipe
- Omit the cayenne pepper if you are making this for very young children that don’t like heat.
- Italian seasoning can be used in place of the parsley.
- You can substitute ground chicken, lamb, or turkey for the beef.
- This recipe is great served with my Slow Cooker Marinara over pasta or zucchini noodles. Jarred sauce works too!
- I also love it over mashed potatoes or Mashed Cauliflower.
- Who doesn’t love a meatball sub? This recipe works great in them.
Tips and Tricks for Making Quinoa Meatballs
- For a smoother texture (and to make the quinoa completely disappear), I like to give the raw mixture a whirl in my food processor until everything is combined.
- A cookie scoop is great for creating consistent sized meatballs and makes making them a snap.
- If you have overcooked quinoa, it will still work in this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualified purchases.
Tools for Making Beef and Quinoa Meatballs
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like
- Out of ideas for Lunch Box Snacks that the kids will love. Here is a little inspiration!
- For more quinoa meatball ideas, don’t miss these Turkey Quinoa Meatballs.
- For an easy meatless option, this Vegan Spaghetti and Meatballs is amazing and kid-friendly.
Quinoa Meatball Recipe
These Healthy Beef and Quinoa Meatballs are loved by kids and adults alike! They can easily be made ahead, making them a great weeknight dinner. Gluten-Free and can be made dairy free by omitting the Parmesan.
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 red onion chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, quinoa, breadcrumbs, red onion, garlic, eggs, parmesan cheese, parsley, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper and sea salt.
- Shape into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Cook until browned and crispy, about 15 to 18 minutes.