Meatballs are my ultimate quick weeknight dinner because they are so easy to
make ahead and freeze. These oven-baked ground beef and quinoa meatballs
are perfection to me, because they are wholesome, and loved by kids and adults
alike. Ready in 30 minutes, these dinner meatballs deserve a place in your meal
Are you looking for a dinner recipe that's easy to make, healthy, and absolutely delicious?
If so, these Beef and Quinoa Meatballs are the perfect choice!
Made with a mixture of ground beef, quinoa, and flavorful spices, these meatballs are packed with protein and nutrients that will keep you satisfied all evening long.
What I love most about this recipe is how versatile it is.
You can serve these meatballs over a bed of zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash, or with your favorite pasta and tomato sauce for a classic Italian dish.
The leftovers also make a great lunch option for the next day. So let's get started and learn how to make these mouthwatering ground beef meatballs!
Variations for This Recipe
- Omit the cayenne pepper if you are making this for very young children that don't like heat.
- Italian seasoning can be used in place of the parsley.
- You can substitute ground chicken, lamb, or turkey for the beef in these dinner meatballs.
- This recipe is great served with my Slow Cooker Marinara over pasta or zucchini noodles. Jarred sauce works too!
- I also love it over mashed potatoes or Mashed Cauliflower.
- Who doesn't love a meatball sub? This recipe works great in them.
Tips and Tricks for Making Quinoa Meatballs
- For a smoother texture (and to make the quinoa completely disappear), I like to give the raw mixture a whirl in my food processor until everything is combined.
- A cookie scoop is great for creating consistent sized meatballs and makes making them a snap.
- If you have overcooked quinoa, it will still work in this recipe.
Leftover meatballs can me stored in the fridge for up to three days.
These meatballs are freezer-friendly, meaning that you can make a large batch and have them on hand for those nights when you don't feel like cooking. Here's how to store them:
- Let the meatballs cool down completely before storing them.
- Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag, making sure to remove as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn.
- Label the container or bag with the date and type of meatballs.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When ready to enjoy your meatballs, simply thaw them overnight in the fridge and reheat them on the stove or in the oven.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like
- For more quinoa meatball ideas, don't miss these Turkey Quinoa Meatballs.
- For an easy meatless option, this Vegan Spaghetti and Meatballs is amazing and kid-friendly.
30-Minute Beef and Quinoa Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, quinoa, breadcrumbs, red onion, garlic, eggs, parmesan cheese, parsley, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper and sea salt.
- Shape into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Cook until browned and crispy, about 15 to 18 minutes.