This Quinoa & Oats Breakfast Bowl is a healthy quinoa breakfast recipe that will keep you full until lunch! Gluten Free, Vegan and Delicious.
I tend to approach breakfast in an untraditional way.
Most people I know, think oatmeal, eggs or pancakes for breakfast.
I like all of these things, but most of the time I eat salad for breakfast. Usually with a garlic loaded Balsamic Vinaigrette.
This kids call this stinky salad and run the other way. Is it wrong that I cherish the few moments along?
In truth, I don't eat salad in the morning for the alone time. I eat it because I wake up craving vegetables.
Yes, I know this is weird.
It isn't that I'm a total health nut.
I can assure you that by dinner, nothing makes me happier than a giant bowl of carbs, preferably covered in cheese.
Now and then, I shake things up, especially as the weather starts to cool off a bit. (Isn't it glorious?!)
I wake up wanting a sweet and fruity bowl of comfort, like this Quinoa & Oats Breakfast Bowl. It is a simple breakfast solution that is easy to make, and as delicious as it is nutritious.
I like to make it with almond milk or cashew milk, but you can use whatever type of milk that you have on hand. You can also switch up the fruit. I love kiwi or apples with this too!
These Quinoa & Oats are the perfect way to fuel your mornings, keeping you full until lunch without dragging your down.
If You Like This Quinoa & Oats Breakfast Bowl You May Also Like:
- Apple Pie Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- Cranberry Banana Baked Quinoa & Oatmeal
- Spinach & Sausage Quinoa Breakfast Casserole
- Quinoa Breakfast Scramble
Quinoa & Oats
- 1 ½ cups almond milk or regular milk if preferred
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats gluten free
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅓ cup berries
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Combine milk, oats, cinnamon, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add quinoa and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in flax seeds and maple syrup. Divide into serving bowls and top with berries and pumpkin seeds.
I've never tried making quinoa into an oatmeal before. Love this idea!