These smoked almonds will rock your world! We like to call them bacon almonds. Perfect on a salad, in a wrap or by themselves.
Since we've been focusing on getting more plant-based meals in our diets, I've been looking for simple ways to jazz things up.
You might remember when I professed my love for all things nuts in this Spicy Slow Cooker Almond Recipe. I like nuts plain, but to me, seasoning them is one of the easiest ways to take a salad or wrap from good to great.
Todays Smoked Almonds are made in the oven, but you could easily cook them in the slow cooker as I did in the other recipe.
They were a huge hit at our house - hubby called them "bacon almonds".
Isn't that the highest man-complement when it comes to food?
I'll be back later this week to share a great vegan sandwich with you that I used these nuts in.
- 1 ½ cups raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine liquid smoke, extra virgin olive oil, coconut aminos and maples syrup. Toss with almonds.
- In a separate bowl, combine nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, garlic powder, sea salad and black pepper. Remove almonds from liquid mixture and toss well with dry mixture.
- Spread in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Cook for 8 minutes. Stir and cook eight minutes more.
My husband is obsessed with these but I've never tried making my own!