Stuffed Mini Peppers are sure to be a hit with your family and friends. They are colorful, flavorful, and so easy to make. With just a handful of ingredients, this easy vegetarian appetizer works well for everything from summertime grill-outs to potluck dinners, game day, and holiday celebrations.
These vegetarian stuffed mini peppers are easy to make and a delicious appetizer that is always a crowd-pleaser.
The filling is a mixture of goat cheese, cream cheese, green onions, garlic, and seasonings. Simply stuff the peppers with the filling, and bake until golden brown.
For a fun twist, try using different types of peppers or adding other ingredients to the filling.
This recipe is versatile and can be customized to your liking.
So get creative and enjoy!
Ingredients for Making Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
- Mini Peppers: Look for a bag of small mini peppers in the grocery store's produce section.
- Olive Oil: This will be used to coat the mini peppers before cooking. You can use your favorite oil.
- Sea Salt: A little bit of salt goes a long way in bringing out the flavor of the peppers.
- Goat Cheese: Make sure to use goat cheese that is at room temperature so that it mixes easily with the other ingredients.
- Cream Cheese: Use full-fat cream cheese for the best results.
- Green Onions: Also called scallions, these add a touch of onion flavor to the filling of this stuffed mini peppers appetizer.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic is always best, but you can also use jarred minced garlic or garlic powder if you’re in a pinch.
- Salt and Pepper: Season to taste.
Tips & Tricks
- Preheat the oven: This step is essential so that the stuffed mini peppers with cream cheese have time to soften, and the cheese filling can melt and become nice and gooey.
- Cut the peppers in half: Slice them lengthwise so they lay flat on the baking sheet. This will help them cook evenly.
- Use a small spoon to stuff the peppers: A teaspoon works well.
- Bake until the peppers are soft and the cheese melts: This will take about 10 minutes. The exact time will depend on the size of your stuffed mini bell peppers.
- Let the peppers cool for a few minutes before serving: This will help you avoid burning your mouth on the hot cheese filling.
Mixing it Up: More Stuffed Pepper Fillings
I have used a blend of goat cheese and cream cheese, green onions, garlic, salt, and pepper to stuff my mini peppers. Some other good add-ins for cheese-stuffed mini peppers include:
- Ricotta cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Feta cheese
- Chopped spinach
- Chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Roasted red peppers
- Caramelized onions (chopped)
- Fresh herbs (basil, oregano, thyme)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, if you prefer one over the other, feel free to use 8 ounces of either cream cheese or goat cheese.
This vegetarian recipe can be made vegan by using vegan cream cheese and your favorite nut cheese. (Or just vegan cream cheese.)
No, you do not need to precook the veggies for this stuffed mini peppers recipe. Just chop them up and add them to the filling mixture.
No, you can use any type of pepper you like. Keep in mind that the cooking time will vary depending on the pepper size.
These mini peppers are a great appetizer. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, or enjoy them as is!
As a side dish, they work well with almost any simple protein. Try these Air Fryer Chicken Thighs or this Grilled Filet. Pair it will a green salad for a complete meal.
Tools Needed to Make Stuffed Mini Peppers
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
These stuffed mini peppers are best enjoyed fresh but will still be good leftover.
You can store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
To reheat, simply pop them in the oven (or toaster oven) at 350 degrees until they are warmed through. You can also reheat them in the microwave, but be careful not to overcook them, or the cheese filling will become rubbery.
I do not recommend freezing these peppers, as the texture of the cheese filling will change after being frozen. If you must freeze them, cook them first, then let them cool completely before wrapping them tightly and freezing for up to 2 months.
How to Make Cream Cheese Stuffed Mini Stuffed Peppers
First, start by preheating the oven to 375° F. Then, slice the peppers in half and use a paring knife to cut away the stems, white parts, and seeds.
Next, toss the pepper halves with the oil and salt.
Heat a saute pan to medium, and add the peppers.
Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until slitty wilted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
While the peppers are cooking, combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, green onions, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
When the peppers are cool enough to touch, divide the cream cheese filling between them.
Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes, until heated through.
Garnish your cream cheese stuffed peppers with parsley and serve. Enjoy!
More Vegetarian Recipes to Try
If you like this delicious vegetarian appetizer, you may want to try some of my other vegetarian recipes. Some fan favorites include:
- Veggie Mac and Cheese
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Jalapeno Coleslaw
- Quinoa Taco Salad
- Sweet Potato Salad
- Butternut Squash Quinoa Casserole
30-Minute Vegetarian Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 8 ounces peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ounces goat cheese at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Slice the peppers in half and use a paring knife to cut away the stems, white parts, and seeds.
- Toss the peppers with oil and salt.
- Heat a saute pan to medium, and add the peppers.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until slightly wilted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- While the peppers are cooking, combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, green onions, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- When the peppers are cool enough to touch, divide the filling between them.
- Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Ninja Foodi Grill
- Set your Foodi Grill to Medium High and set the timer for 7 minutes.
- Arrange the peppers in a single layer and cook for 7 minutes, or until heated through.