Today, I made you soup.
But not just any soup. An incredibly flavor-packed Red Pepper Tomato Soup that you can make vegan and dairy-free with my quinoa cream. I promise you won’t miss the cream a bit!
Before we get to the recipe, let’s take kitchen gadgets because I’m about to show you how you can make this soup with only one dish to clean up.
You guys know that I ADORE my TIM3 Machine3. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I cooked quinoa or rice any other way. I love it so much that it even travels with me.
The guys at 3Squares came up with another amazing machine and were kind enough to send me one to try. The SOUP3RB is amazing for making soup, but you can also use it for sauces, smoothies, salsas and margaritas.
It has a non-stick heating element that lets you cook and blend all in one. I don’t know about you, but I’ve always hated cooking soup and then having to transfer it to a blender to process it. I am all for any kitchen appliance that helps me cut down on groceries.
It has five cooking functions (auto soup, saute, boil, simmer and keep warm) as well as three blending functions (smoothies, auto blend, and pulse).
I took it for a test drive by making my quinoa cream, and I’ll have to say I was thoroughly impressed. I even cooked the quinoa in the blender!
I refrigerated the cream overnight and warmed it back up in the blender before making the rest of the soup.
If you are a soup lover, I highly recommend checking the SOUP3RB out!
Tomato & Red Pepper Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 28 ounces fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia or sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cupquinoa cream or cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- Place olive oil, red peppers, onion and garlic in a sauce pan over medium heat or in your SOUP3RB™ COOK + BLEND BLENDER.. Sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, paprika, stevia, salt, crushed red pepper and ground pepper. Bring a a boil and the reduce to a simmer. Cook for 25 minutes. Alternatively, set your SOUP3RB™ COOK + BLEND BLENDER to auto soup.
- Add warm quinoa cream or cream and cook for 5 minutes. Garnish with basil and serve.